Sales Engineering Lead (Swarm)
Company: SPACE EXPLORATION TECHNOLOGIES CORP
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: November 24, 2022
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
SALES ENGINEERING LEAD (SWARM)
This is a special opportunity to work at the cutting edge of
satellite and IoT technologies with a world class team focused on
deploying Swarm's solutions to the world. You will focus on scaling
customer adoption to enterprises across applications ranging from
supply chain tracking, oceanic monitoring, wildfire prevention, and
illegal logging detection. The sales engineering lead would be a
great fit for someone with a technical background and who is
passionate about improving the world through low-cost global
You will work with leadership and collaborate with stakeholders
across engineering, production, and regulatory teams to define
success and achieve goals on our small, fast moving team. This role
demands a strong analytical skill set to drive customer adoption
and forecast accurate deployment timelines. Success will require
systems thinking, creativity, and excellent communication skills to
synthesize information that shapes future products and strategic
- Take ownership over a portfolio of business development
relationships with key enterprises.
- Lead pipeline and forecasting efforts that inform company
strategy and planning.
- Disseminate customer feedback and work with the engineering
team to shape product direction.
- Synthesize complex information and make actionable
recommendations to the leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (engineering, physics,
math, computer science, or information technology) or 3+ years in
sales engineering or engineering roles.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical or customer-facing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree and/or previous experience in an engineering
- Experience carrying a revenue quota as an individual
- Experience with hardware, communications, or networking
- Experience at an early-stage technology startup that went to
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
- Must be able to travel (up to 20%) to other SpaceX
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is
governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and
will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: SPACE EXPLORATION TECHNOLOGIES CORP, Mountain View , Sales Engineering Lead (Swarm), Sales , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!