Purchasing and Inventory Specialist
Company: Kodiak Robotics
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous
technology that carries freight forward-so people, partners, and
the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly
different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak's experienced team
has developed the industry's most advanced technology stack
purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor
fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality,
to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks
to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our
world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of
autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and
efficiently. We are looking for a Purchasing and Inventory
Specialist with a background in Supply Chain Management and who
understands the fundamentals of Materials Management in a
Manufacturing setting. The role will work closely with the
manufacturing and hardware engineering teams in managing materials
while working collaboratively across finance and legal teams. In
this role, you will:
- Be the onsite team member responsible for purchasing
automotive, electrical and mechanical components, with support from
onsite and remote teams.
- Manage onsite inventory levels, perform cycle counts and
material organization, -Interpret BOM's and perform basic
forecasting with supporting team members to ensure accurate supply
- Receive and inspect materials for defects and stock parts in an
- Create and document manufacturing kits, pull and package
materials to forecast.
- Manage incoming and outgoing shipments, pack and label
materials as needed.
- Support local vendor activities, onboarding and relationship
- Work closely with supply chain and finance teams on account
- Minimum 4+ years of professional experience in Purchasing,
Inventory, Materials Management, Logistics or related roles.
- Hands-on experience with inventory cycle counting, spreadsheets
and ERP tools you are just as comfortable with a wrench as a
- You have a deep understanding of Purchasing and Inventory
Management in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience to source key suppliers to expand the supplier base,
making sure their materials and products meet the company's
- Experience partnering with Electronic Contract
- Experience, setting up secured inventory cages, kanban and VMI
- Experience with incoming quality inspection, non conforming
material, MRB and ECO processes is a plus.
- You take ownership and drive the team to deliver outstanding
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems is a requirement.
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Gsuite GoogleWorkplace is a
- Experience with Jira or similar project management tools is a
- Ability to identify missing or inefficient processes, improved
and implemented them across different teams across large matrix
- Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
with an ability to manage competing demands.
- You are a meticulous organizer with an ever-positive, can-do
attitude in a startup environment.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise,
and detailed documentation.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time and
ability to lift 30lbs.What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed
and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
- Free catered lunch At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse
community working towards our common company goals in a safe and
-collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly
prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment
regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, -or any other
basis protected by applicable law. -
Keywords: Kodiak Robotics, Mountain View , Purchasing and Inventory Specialist, Professions , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!