Electrical Engineer / Embedded Hardware Engineer
Company: Swarm Technologies
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: June 20, 2022
About SwarmSwarm -is enabling global connectivity with the
world's most affordable satellite network. Backed by the founders
of Paypal, Boingo, Earthlink, Yammer, and more, Swarm is making IoT
connectivity accessible everywhere on Earth, at all times. With 120
satellites already in orbit, Swarm provides connectivity to
customers across agriculture, maritime, logistics, global
development, energy, etc. From creating more efficient global
supply chains and reducing crop spoilage, to tracking endangered
species and monitoring water access in Africa, the number of use
cases that the Swarm network supports is almost unlimited.Swarm
developed the world's smallest communication satellite, and will
have 150 in orbit by the end of 2021. Our team ambitiously handles
everything in-house, from hardware and software, to design,
testing, regulatory, marketing, sales, and more. This allows us to
move quickly, be agile to changes in demand, and constantly improve
our products.We are a small, scrappy team that moves quickly and
takes calculated, data-driven risks. We are collaborative and
support one another everyday. We're looking for team members who
are eager to wear many hats, want to have a major impact within a
company, and are ready to jump into a high-growth, high-velocity
startup environment.The roleAs an Electrical / Embedded Hardware
Engineer, you will prototype, design, build, and be actively
involved in testing customer satellite data modems that will
communicate to the Swarm space constellation. You will own the
entire lifecycle of design, working with other team members to take
input, encompass changes, and cull requirements to create new
devices that meet an exacting level of precision. You must be a US
Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) and be able to
work out of our lab in Mountain View, CA.Your impact
- Collaborate with Swarm's engineering and sales teams to create
new devices capable of communicating to the Swarm satellites, and
meet an exacting level of design precision.
- Own the entire lifecycle of design, including the creation of
rapid prototypes, CAD/CAM of practical, low cost devices, BOM
creation and part selection, and working with CMs to identify and
correct design flaws.
- Be -responsible for the complete design, taking input as needed
and encompassing changes as required.
- Requires solid team skills to test all aspects of hardware
design, RF systems including GPS, WiFi/Bluetooth performance, power
consumption, -EMI shielding, -and RF noise immunity.
- Must be comfortable as a self starter that can work with
management and other team members to cull out requirements, and
design criteria.What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience as an electrical engineer.
- Worked at a startup or with small, fast-paced teams on hardware
- Proficient with industry standard PCB layout tools (e.g.
Altium, etc.) for layout and BOM creation.
- Experience working with PCB board houses during PCB
manufacturing, and designing for at-scale manufacturing.
- Experience designing embedded systems, DC-DC convertors, power
supplies, and RF filters.
- Prior experience designing RF communications products
- Prior experience designing hardware systems for battery powered
operations preferred.What you'll get with Swarm
- The opportunity to create and deploy truly world-changing
technology with a significant impact.
- Constant learning from your colleagues and our amazing array of
international customers. -
- True impact, autonomy, and ownership over your work, including
cross-functional collaboration and working closely with our
- Rapid career growth and development opportunities within a
high-growth startup environment.
- Competitive compensation with equity in a high-growth company
and benefits.Due to applicable export control laws and regulations,
candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent
resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted
into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Swarm is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally
Keywords: Swarm Technologies, Mountain View , Electrical Engineer / Embedded Hardware Engineer, Professions , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!