Construction Project Manager
Company: Nova Partners, Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Nova Partners is a San Francisco Bay Area-based construction
project management team. Established 27 years ago, we have the
technical field expertise from previous experience at local general
contractors and developers to deliver our clients vision and needs.
Working with us you will have the opportunity to make an impact on
world-class projects, with the support and quality of people help
you grow and rise to the challenge. If you've ever met our
teammates, you'll notice they're truly the best and the
brightest.Nova manages diverse projects from inception to delivery
for commercial real estate, biotech, healthcare, data centers,
education, civic, energy, or other sectors for ground-up,
renovations, or tenant improvement. Our technical construction
project management skills and experience ensure we execute to
deliver our clients vision.Our latest job opportunity is for an
independent Project Manager, who has managed a variety of clients
for projects $50M+ in the San Francisco Bay area. We have a variety
of projects that need your help in San Francisco through the
peninsula, extending down to Santa Clara. Experience
managing/mentoring Project Engineers/Assistant Project Managers a
- Represent and interface with the owner to achieve the desired
project at a competitive price, on schedule, and at the desired
- Coordinate with the Architect, Contractor, and other project
team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues at
all project stages.
- Attend owner, architect and contractor meetings, taking the
meeting notes and managing the follow-up action items.
- Review project construction documents, shop drawings,
submittals and achieve intimate familiarity with the owners' and
architects' intentions and requirements.
- Develop, manage, and analyze the project schedule showing
design, permitting, approvals, construction and fit-up.
- Assist in preparing estimates or supporting our in-house
estimator by gathering budget and costs for the various portions of
- Review and manage procedures for handling changes to the
contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change
orders, requests for information (RFI's), substitutions, etc.
- Assist in preparing a site analysis for safety, quality, and
- Participate in value engineering sessions to help modify the
design to reduce cost.
- Staff management (as assigned) which will include formal
management of an Assistant Project Manager/small Project Management
team, resource management, and recruitment.Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil
- 5-7 years of experience at a respected general contractor,
consulting construction management, or development firm.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and MS Project.
- Experience with ground-up construction in commercial real
estate construction ideal, huge plus for project experience with
hospitals, labs, and other complex projects.
- Experience working in the US. Project experience in California,
especially in the SF Bay Area preferred.
- We seek those with intellectual curiosity, have a knack for
critical problem-solving, and great sense of humor.
Keywords: Nova Partners, Inc., Mountain View , Construction Project Manager, Professions , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!