Company: EdCast Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Mountain View, California, United States Full time EdCast is an
AI-powered knowledge cloud for unified discovery, knowledge
management, and personalized learning. Our award-winning Learning
Experience Platform (LXP) is used globally by Fortune 500 companies
and government organizations to solve the discovery, curation and
recommendation problems of content fragmentation across external,
internal, and tacit knowledge sources. Our mission is to
democratize learning. Often called the "Netflix of Learning" our
goal is to provide frictionless access to knowledge for our
enterprise and association customers making learning "the way we
work". By doing so, our goal is to help upskill the globe to meet
the demands of a rapidly changing digital world in the 4th
Industrial Revolution. The headquarters of EdCast is located in
Mountain View, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, funded
by investors including Softbank, REV Venture Partners, London Fund,
Crescent Enterprises, and others. What the role is about: We are
looking for a full-time Chief Architect. Requirements
- Define, communicate, and drive EdCast's technical vision,
winning support from engineering and aligning with product and
- Own the long term product architecture and technology roadmap
to improve development speed, product stability and operational
efficiency. Align the technology roadmap with overall business and
product strategy; communicate architectural decisions, plans,
goals, and strategies.
- Work with Directors, architects spread across the engineering
organization. Establish, promote, and coach engineering teams on
technical best practices.
- Establish technical standards around design, software
reliability, quality etc. Mentor, inspire, and teach/learn from
engineers; cultivate an atmosphere of technical learning and
- Speak, write, evangelize, and communicate about EdCast's
technical capabilities at conferences and other events.
- Own and act as an editor of EdCast's engineering blog. Promote
EdCast as an excellent place for highly skilled engineers to work;
collaborate across engineering and recruiting to attract talent to
- Define and implement common architectures, platforms, and
technologies in collaboration with other technology leaders.
- Oversee the day-to-day technical and architectural standards,
providing guidance to engineers at all levels.
- Collaborate with product management and other business
stakeholders on defining product roadmap and roadmap
- Serving as a liaison and primary point of contact for
cross-functional internal teams; acting as a project manager to
evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement, and test
- Having a broader impact outside your immediate team by working
closely with other engineering leaders to constantly improve the
overall developer community experience (a few examples are focus on
security, improving performance, more documentation)
- Mature, evolve, and implement software engineering practices,
such as agile methodology, design standards, coding standards, peer
reviews, testing, etc.
- Measure and report on productivity and quality of teams and
progress of initiatives on roadmap
- Work closely with the recruiting team to hire high potential
candidates from diverse backgrounds Qualifications
- Work experience as an Engineering Leader (VP/Director level or
in a similar senior-level position) at a product focused company
delivering software products to market and managing software
- 15-20 years of experience building large scale distributed
systems and applications, including design, development,
(distributed) architectures, security, and performance tuning.
- Motivated, autonomous and responsible with a history of shaping
and establishing technical vision and architecture within
- Experience as an internal technical leader within a
multi-geography engineering organization.
- A decisive risk-taker focused on outcomes. EdCast is about
shipping. This means we focus on getting things done; not on
building the perfect system. We strongly believe in rapid
iteration. A creator and a builder who embraces ambitious ideas,
creates alignment around plans, and then moves into efficient
execution. An optimizer and automator. EdCasters are super talented
and their time is incredibly valuable so the focus is on automation
of repetitive tasks.
- A talent attractor who has successfully inspired and recruited
great people to past teams.A mentor, leader, and culture-builder.
Has extensive experience leading complex technical projects,
mentoring, and coaching engineers in tackling technical challenges
at a large scale and accelerated pace.
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening,
facilitating and arbitrating discussions, and presenting complex
ideas to groups large and small, and to any audience from a senior
engineer to C-level executives. Ego maturity with first-rate
interpersonal skills. Strong ethical baseline that is highly
aligned with EdCast's values.
- Ability to evaluate competing technology options, identify
trade-offs associated with each and communicate and convince the
product teams to go with the selected option.
- Experience with a wide range of data storage technologies (SQL
and NoSQL) like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
and conceptual understanding of when to use which.
- Experience implementing CI/CD best practices and Cloud Native
technologies: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with Microservices: design, deployment, and
operations. Good understanding of Microservice patterns and
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in full-stack web
technologies including Ruby on Rails (preferred), Python/Django,
Java, C++ etc. Experience in one or more of front-end Web
technologies including React, Angular.js.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Excellent project management skills
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field What
do we offer? An opportunity to get ahead in your career by being
part of a scaling-up Silicon Valley company growing its business in
the USA. It is a massive opportunity to bring your ideas, your
knowledge and to make a real impact within an environment that is
open and challenging. You will be joining a truly passionate and
multicultural team willing to make a difference and positively
disrupt the way learning is done within organizations. We believe
in lifelong learning. We believe we can create abundant
opportunities for workforce learning and upskilling within the
organization ecosystems. We have the spark, the ambition, the drive
and the passion of making an impact in the world. Sounds like you?
Apply now! If you like the energy, feel the chemistry and the role
sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you. Send us
your details and do not forget to attach your CV. If you want to go
the extra-mile surprise us with a stand out motivation letter. Note
that only applications in English will be accepted EdCast collects
and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data
protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the
privacy notice for further details. EdCast does not discriminate on
the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin,
marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited
by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: EdCast Inc., Mountain View , Chief Architect, Professions , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!