Electrical Engineer / Embedded Hardware Engineer
Company: Swarm Technologies
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Electrical Engineer / Embedded Hardware Engineer Swarm is
enabling global connectivity with the world's most affordable
satellite network. Our mission is to connect people and devices
anywhere in the world at the lowest cost. Swarm has developed the
world's smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our
constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to
return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without
cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm's network,
ground hardware, and web and cloud platform accessible at the
industry's lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers.
Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for
industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime
shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation
industries. We're looking to hire an experienced Electrical /
Embedded Hardware Engineer to prototype, design, build, and be
actively involved in testing customer satellite data modems that
will communicate to the Swarm space constellation. If interested,
please apply below. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Swarm's engineering and sales teams to create
new devices capable of communicating to the Swarm satellites, and
meet an exacting level of design precision.
- Own the entire lifecycle of design, including the creation of
rapid prototypes, CAD/CAM of practical, low cost devices, BOM
creation and part selection, and working with CMs to identify and
correct design flaws.
- Be responsible for the complete design, taking input as needed
and encompassing changes as required.
- Requires solid team skills to test all aspects of hardware
design, RF systems including GPS, WiFi/Bluetooth performance, power
consumption,--EMI shielding,--and RF noise immunity.
- Must be comfortable as a self starter that can work with
management and other team members to cull out requirements, and
design criteria. Minimum Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience as an electrical engineer.
- Worked at a startup or with small, fast-paced teams on hardware
- Proficient with industry standard PCB layout tools (e.g.
Altium, etc.) for layout and BOM creation.
- Experience working with PCB board houses during PCB
manufacturing, and designing for at-scale manufacturing.
- Experience designing embedded systems, DC-DC convertors, power
supplies, and RF filters.
- Must be a U.S. Person (citizen or Green Card holder). Preferred
- Prior experience designing hardware systems for battery powered
Keywords: Swarm Technologies, Mountain View , Electrical Engineer / Embedded Hardware Engineer, Professions , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!