Staff Business Data Analyst
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: November 21, 2020
OverviewWe are looking for world class analytics talent to help
transform how we develop and personalize products across TurboTax
and QuickBooks Payroll. This role will be critical in helping shape
and inform the next wave of products and experiences we build to
streamline and improve money movement for our customers as part of
their larger personal financial journey. Through data-driven
insights and recommendations, this role will be instrumental in
helping guide critical product decisions across some of Intuit's
biggest bets. This role will partner closely with data scientists,
marketers, and product managers, and will be primarily responsible
for leveraging analytics and data science to drive rapid
experimentation, inform product development, and guide product
testing and marketing strategy.-What you'll bring
- 7-10 years of experience in mobile, web or product analytics
decision support and website optimization for online/ecommerce
- Highly proficient in SQL, Tableau, and Excel.
- Experience in modeling or business application/evaluation of
- Experience in a scripting language preferred but not
- Proven track record in translating data into tangible
recommendations that drive measurable business results.
- Ability to work and thrive in a highly cross-functional
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and
instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on
- Excellent problem-solving skills and end-to-end quantitative
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet
objectives and deadlines.
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and
- Experience in (and appetite for) fast-paced work environments
and early stage data-backed product development.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, portfolio
prioritization experience, and accountability required.How you will
- Provides guidance and thought partnership to business leaders
and stakeholders on how best to harness available data in support
of critical business needs and goals.
- Drives data-backed decision-making and strategic thinking by
translating data into actionable insights and effectively
communicating recommendations to cross-functional partners.
- Leads the full cycle of iterative big data exploration,
including hypothesis formulation, algorithm development, data
cleansing, testing, insight generation/visualization, and action
- Uses considerable expertise and independent judgment in
collaborating with peers, data engineers, database managers, and
business analysts in designing and implementing the research
strategy needed to methodically and iteratively structure, extract,
cleanse, sample, test, validate, and communicate data-driven
insights from complex sources and significant volumes of data for
complex and unique business problems.
- Applies proven methods and hacking skills in working with
divergent data types, data scales, and big data (petabytes), to
explore and extrapolate data-driven insights using advanced,
predictive statistical modeling and testing applied to data
acquired and cleansed from a range of sources (relational and
non-relational NoSQL databases)
- Sets pace for iterative product development in an
entrepreneurial setting by quickly moving teams from experiment to
insight to recommendation to action
- Provides to business stakeholders the entrepreneurial guidance
essential for appropriately interpreting and building on findings,
and fully exploiting the insights revealed through the
Keywords: Intuit, Mountain View , Staff Business Data Analyst, Professions , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!