Company: Hound Labs
Posted on: September 22, 2022
WHO WE ARE
The Company combines science and technology in novel ways to
improve health and wellness. Hound Labs believes its
ultra-sensitive and portable technologies will pave the way to
practical and fair solutions for some of the leading public health
and safety issues. In early 2022, Hound Labs will launch its first
ultra-sensitive point-of-care solution - the HOUND - MARIJUANA
BREATHALYZER - which allows employers and law enforcement to
identify recent marijuana use rapidly and accurately by testing
breath on-site. Dr. Mike Lynn, an ER physician, reserve deputy
sheriff, and former venture capitalist founded Hound Labs in 2014.
Benchmark, EEC, Icon Ventures, Intrinsic Capital Partners, NFP
Ventures, Tuatara Capital, and individual investors have funded the
Research & Development
Senior Vice President, Biotechnology + Innovation
Newark, CA and Fremont, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Manager role will be responsible for the coordination
of activities between manufacturing and R&D, including
maintenance, purchasing, outside vendors/contractors and
distribution. In this role, the Project Manager will lead the
R&D portfolio in standing up production, launching new products
into market, and other related projects.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage project tasks to ensure deliverables are of the highest
quality, timelines are met, within budget while delighting our
- Report project status to internal stakeholders and management
- Review and achieve alignment on scope of work and create a
comprehensive project plan Identify project dependencies and risks
and facilitate mitigation plans.
- Facilitate the requirement and analysis phase of engagement to
capture customer needs and develop project scope.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams of experts
including Product, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations, Sales
and Customer Success to deliver successfully on a customer
- Monitor and track the project deliverables. Organize, plan and
direct project schedules, milestones, risks, assumptions,
decisions, and budgets.
- Manage vendor and business partner relationships where
appropriate for the delivery of product.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude and embrace a culture of
customer success and operational excellence.
- Great work ethic, ability to adapt quickly to changing
priorities and shifting workloads, and an eye for making decisions
that ensure the success of key internal and external
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and eagerness to learn and
- Ability to effectively juggle many priorities while remaining
flexible to changing deadlines.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity.
- Self-starter mentality and an understanding of when to elevate
key details for approval.
- Poise, resourcefulness, aptitude for problem solving, and the
willingness to suggest alternative approaches based on experience
- Ability to communicate efficiently with multiple people both
internally and externally.
- Confidence to accept feedback.
- Interest in Hound Labs' mission and desire to affect
- BA/BS in engineering, science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, ideally in
biotechnology, manufacturing, and/or operations management
- Experience driving continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and negotiate with various
internal (product, engineering, etc.) and external (suppliers,
vendors, contractors, etc.) personnel.
- Lead multiple large-scale projects.
- Proactively manage project risks and implement risk mitigation
measures, including escalation when required.
- Monitor the performance and accountability of projects using
agreed upon metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fundamental understanding of project management methodologies,
software, and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with cross functional teams spread across
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational
levels and effectively communicate with senior management.
- Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and
constantly changing work environment.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Other desired skill sets include: Project Planning, Quality
Control, budgeting, distribution.
POSITION - EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Full-time hybrid position
- Days and hours of work may be variable depending on business
- Occasional evening work may be required as job responsibilities
- Indoor position that requires sitting at computer for an
- Exposure to moderate to loud noise and light as typical in a
- Travel to vendors, conferences, company meetings, and other
events may be required.
1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your
Team events, such as virtual happy hours, and off-sites
Mental Health and Wellness Benefits
Competitive Comprehensive Benefits
Diversity is important at Hound Labs! We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
Keywords: Hound Labs, Mountain View , Project Manger, Other , Freedom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!