Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who are we and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the worlds
largest therapy service. We set out on a mission to provide
everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional
counseling: anytime, anywhere. To date, our network of over 20,000
licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted
more than 1,000,000 people. Every month, our secure website and
mobile app facilitate over 5,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls,
and video sessions that help people face lifes challenges.
- Were taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine
clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data-driven product
development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are
relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status
quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally
and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept
agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your
own path from day one. We invest in our teams well-being and
professional development because we know that business and
individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain
flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
What are we looking for?
BetterHelp is looking for a Data Scientist to help us scale and
increase our impact. You will use data to drive insight into the
product and business with a focus on new user growth, retention and
quality. The ideal candidate would have experience analyzing large
and complex data sets related to web products. You'll be doing
plenty of experiment design and post-hoc analysis, both to support
product improvements and business decisions, as well as setting up
infrastructure and frameworks for more efficient analysis.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the product team and development team to
design effective A/B tests.
- Be the go-to person for product data tracking questions for our
- Monitor and analyze several A/B tests with statistical rigor,
present the data and insights to the team and drive product
- Slice and dice an enormous amount of data to gain insight on
how to improve our products.
- Look at complex problems and come up with testable models and
algorithms to optimize the platform.
- Develop theories that can be explored with analysis to help us
- Set up BI tools and regular reporting services and
- Live and breathe SQL.
- Enjoy great teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in
building a world-class product that makes a difference on people's
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about 'runway', 'cash left', or 'how much
time we have until the next round'. We have the startup DNA but
we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your 'job'. You will get involved
in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad
attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we
believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- BSc/MA in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Math,
Economics, or Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience in a quantitative data analysis
role involving user behavior (e.g. marketing, product) and large
- Proven success supporting or making business decisions based on
your data analysis
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, especially as it relates to
- Expert in using tools like R and Python for data analysis
- Experience analyzing A/B tests
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experience analyzing large and complex data sets to drive
business insights and decisions
- Great grasp of numbers with love for data and analytics,
knowledge of statistics
- Excellent communication (oral and written), attention to
detail, time management and organizational skills
Bonus (Great to have but not required)
- Experience building predictive models
- Experience with B2C, market place products
- Experience in or supporting a growth team
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks program
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute
walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and
admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day
At BetterHelp we thrive on difference and individuality, and as
part of the Teladoc Health family, we are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We never have and never will discriminate
against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, color, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status, parental
status, disability, or Veteran status.by Jobble
Keywords: Betterhelp.com, Mountain View , Data Scientist, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!