Life Science Research Professional 1
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Pay Grade: E
The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology,
Hepatology, and Nutrition (Pediatric GI Division) and its clinical
research lab is seeking a Life Science Research Professional 1 to
perform basic functions and activities pertaining to the research
investigating novel therapies for pancreatitis. The candidate will
perform supervised and independent experiments with associated
analysis. Currently, the Division has -30 pediatric
gastroenterologists with nationally recognized expertise through
their research, teaching, and clinical programs which attracts
leading candidates to their fellowship program.
The Pediatrics GI Division has a mission of healing children with
digestive disease through innovation. We provide comprehensive GI
care to children throughout our region. We lead global destination
programs that deliver highly specialized care and train the next
generation of pediatric gastroenterologists. We inspire hope
through innovation. Our high quality, collaborative care is driven
by cutting-edge research and active partnerships between doctors,
nurses, and staff throughout the Stanford Children's Health
network, scientists at Stanford University, and patient families.
Together, we are changing the lives of children today and shaping
care for tomorrow.
The Department of Pediatrics is a dynamic, stimulating place to
work and because we are focused on growth and improved excellence,
our staff have particularly challenging and rewarding roles.
- Plan approach to experiments in support of research projects in
lab and/or field based on knowledge of scientific theory.
- Independently conduct experiments; maintain detailed records of
experiments and outcomes.
- Apply the theories and methods of a life science discipline to
interpret and perform analyses of experiment results; offer
suggestions regarding modifications to procedures and protocols in
collaboration with senior researcher.
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with
new procedures and apply learnings to related research.
- Contribute to publication of findings as needed. Participate in
the preparation of written documents, including procedures,
presentations, and proposals.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab
stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide
general lab support as needed.
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff or students
on lab procedures or techniques.
*- Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or other related scientific
- Laboratory research experience.
- Able to commit to at least 1 year in position, with greater
length of time more desirable.
- Experience with animals (e.g. mice) desired.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in related scientific field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated
performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science
principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master
computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
accurately complete detailed work.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp
lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform
desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift,
carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders,
sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand
and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder
level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous
- Position may require repetitive motion.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for
teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal
protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective
clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research
requirements and business needs.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4945
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: E
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 92775 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Mountain View , Life Science Research Professional 1, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!