Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 15, 2022
NASA Aeronautics is entering an exciting phase of transforming
air traffic management systems to safely accommodate the growing
demand of new air vehicles to enter the airspace to perform a wide
array of missions. Additionally, we are tasked with exploring
challenging use cases (e.g. high-density-crowded-vertiport
operations for urban air mobility) to identify parameters for best
performance by developing and testing key concepts.KBR is seeking a
Project Coordinator to join our NASA Aeronautics Projects at NASA's
Ames Research Center to administer and coordinate day to day
logistics in order to ensure all action items related to the
project are captured, assigned and disseminated accordingly.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will provide project
coordination, technical support, and administrative support to the
NASA Ames Research Center team of the NASA Aeronautics Programs and
Projects, including meeting and event coordination, tracking and
scheduling of online and in-person events, assisting with online
event design (e.g. storyboarding and submitting ideas to management
and A/V team), material and equipment ordering and tracking, NASA
form submission, travel support, and other coordination or
administrative activities for NASA Aeronautics.In compliance with
the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who
will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who
have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will
be considered for this position.The Project Coordinator shall
assist the Project Manager in the day to day logistics of managing
the project. The primary duties will be to schedule and manage
project meetings.Meeting scheduling: includes setting up the
meeting which may include coordinating video conferencing
technology and/or a call-in number, tracking acceptance of the
meeting and rescheduling the meeting as necessary to enable a
quorum to attend.Meeting management: includes recording and
disseminating project meeting notes and action items as well as
tracking their resolution in collaboration with project leadership.
Dissemination can include emailing meeting minutes and associated
documents to participants and/or posting to knowledge sharing
sites.Support the development of project plans, reports, and
project milestone documentation, editing of technical documentation
and papers.Assist with and coordinate public outreach, education,
and publicity for Aeronautics and activities.
- Logistics support for conferences and meetings, various
workshops, and strategic planning sessions.
- General administrative support including handling of supplies
and logistics needs, procurement support, travel support, logistics
associated with Agency Consolidated End-User Services (ACES)
computer equipment and NASA property, and other administrative
- Assist in the preparation of reports and procedural
- Assist in communication with and the coordination of
- Attend software and other Ames financial/infrastructure
training as required to perform tasks.Required
Education/Experience:High School Diploma with 5+ years of relevant
- Project administration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, high
level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Creative problem-solving skills in a dynamic and evolving
- High level of autonomy, requiring minimal supervision.
- Comfortable with and adaptable to changing environments.
- Familiarity with online meeting software, such as WebEx, Adobe
Connect or Zoom.
- Ability to multi-task and work with or without a team,
depending on the specific scenario.
- Ability to respond quickly and prioritize tasks in fast-paced
environments to meet deadlines.
- Anticipate tasks that need to be completed, self-starter,
- Willing to learn new skills and technologies, fast learner,
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Able to travel up to 10%.Desired Education, Experience, Skills
- Familiar with web editing in Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML, and /or
- Proficient in online meeting software (such as Adobe Connect,
Zoom, WebEX and/or Mezzanine) and hardware (A/V equipment such as
projectors, cameras, videoconference systems, etc.).
- Graphic editing skills using Adobe Photoshop or
- Event coordination experience.
- Interest and experience in human interaction and engagement
- Experience working with NASA and NASA-specific software
- Education and public outreach experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with online collaboration and
- Web or content writing experience.
Keywords: KBR, Mountain View , Project Coordinator, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!