Human Factors UX Research Lead
Company: Google Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: November 18, 2021
* Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction
(HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, a related field, or
equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with research design, usability studies, contextual
inquiry, and surveys.
* Experience in product research in an end-to-end, usability, or
* 15 years of experience in a UX role or human factors engineer,
including experience integrating user research into product designs
and design practices.
* Experience executing and shaping research programs within
* Experience working with OEMs and physical aspects of devices
along with software aspects.
* Experience working with qualitative and quantitative
* Experience with strategic research contributions, and research
work with a long shelf life.
* Ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative research as an
input into strategy development.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user
and all else will follow." User Experience Researchers (UXRs) make
User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of
Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program
Managers, and Engineers who care deeply about the people who use
our products. We play an integral part in gathering insights about
product user needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors to inspire
and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other,
engineering, and product management to create industry-leading
products that deliver value for our users and Google's
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you'll help your team of
UXers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs.
You'll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and
delightful products. Working with stakeholders across functions and
levels, you'll have impact at all stages of product development.
You'll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary
research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies,
participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing,
and logs analysis.
The UXR community at Google is unique and will help you do your
best work. You'll have the opportunity to work with and learn from
UXRs across Google through regular meetups, mentor programs, and
access to internal research tools.
Chrome OS' mission is: Empower anyone to create and access
information freely, through fast, simple, secure and intelligent
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive,
innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to
learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to
gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX
teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and
engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and
simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex
challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products'
unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions
while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's
philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
* Envision, execute, and shape a cadence and structure for human
factors research for ChromeOS taking into consideration hardware
(e.g., pen, keyboard, camera, input methods, etc.) and software
aspects of devices.
* Initiate and lead key research activities.
* Translate study findings into software, hardware, design, and
strategic recommendations to improve the product.
* Collaborate with product, design, quantitative research, and
engineering to solve problems, influence product/design direction,
and prioritize user experience research questions in line with
overall product strategy.
* Use data to set specs for system performance.
Keywords: Google Inc., Mountain View , Human Factors UX Research Lead, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!