Senior Data Platform Engineer
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Our client is looking for Senior
Data Platform Engineers to help build
the next generation of our data platform. The Data Platform team
acts as stewards for our client's data. We stream hospital EMR to
our core warehouses in real time, build out curated data layers to
power our Healthcare AI, design and build patterns to ensure the
security of patient (HIPAA) data and overall ensure our client's
data users have the tools they need to explore and power the
product at scale and cost to improve the lives of patients and
doctors across the country.
As a Senior Data Platform
Engineer, you will build and own significant components of
the company's data platform. You will be comfortable designing,
building, and leading cross-functional initiatives with technical
and non-technical partners - from database tuning, to pipeline
design, to scaling services to support company expansion within the
healthcare space (and HIPAA restrictions). You will be motivated
and excited to have an impact on the team and in the company and to
improve the quality of healthcare operations.
- Build, tune, and improve the end-to-end workflow of data users
at our client (incl. designing data structures, building and
scheduling data transformation pipelines, improving access to
critical data assets etc.).
- Automate & manage the lifecycle of data sets (schema
development, deprecation, and iteration).
- Improve the data quality and transparency of the pipelines
(defining data requirements and data flow visibility - lineage,
- Design and implement highly scalable backend systems and
algorithms to process massive amounts of complex, high
dimensionality, high cardinality data.
- Work closely with the rest of the team members to develop,
test, deploy, and operate high quality, scalable software and raise
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling and transformation
pipeline design and experience building for data science and
analytics partner needs.
- Experience working and building in a fast paced dynamic
environment across multiple technologies.
- Practiced ability to lead technical architecture discussions
and help drive technical decision making within your team.
- Experience building and maintaining robust and efficient
backend data systems with functional proficiency with AWS cloud
services & modern data warehouse services (Snowflake).
- 5+ years of professional experience working with modern
programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Python with a dedication
to high code quality.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Strong cross-functional communication - ability to break down
complex technical components for technical and non-technical
- Ability to mentor and help mature our technical team.
- Practical hands on experience with: building large-scale, high
complexity metrics and monitoring and ELK, DBT, Snowflake, AWS,
Terraform, Looker, Ansible experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
field, or equivalent training / experience.
, Mountain View , Senior Data Platform Engineer, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!