Trained In All Departments (TRIAD)
Company: New Leaf Community Markets, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: TRIAD (Trained in All Departments)
Job Region: California Coastal
Reports-To: Store Manager / Assistant Store Manager (depending
Exemption Status (typically): Non-Exempt
Requirements: As a retail grocer, we operate 7 days/week and 365
days/year. Our in-store positions are likely to include evening and
weekend shifts per the needs of the business. Food Handler Card and
Alcohol Service Permit required.
About us: For more than 30 years, New Leaf Community Markets has
been making important choices that nourish and sustain our Central
Coast communities. We opened our doors as a small cooperative in
1985 on the Westside of Santa Cruz. Now, we're a community-hub
grocery store, that remains true to our progressive roots and good
for the community ethos.
About the role: Works in all departments, providing coverage and
additional support. Provides exceptional customer service and
contributes to a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product
information and assists in locating product throughout the store.
Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the
- Demonstrates ability to manage own time and models a flexible
work style. Shifts tasks as priorities and circumstances change
based on needs and conditions of department.
- Represents company values. Works cooperatively and positively
with fellow team members, customers and vendors spiriting a
respectful workplace where everyone is welcome.
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner
demonstrating company Speak Up culture.
- Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with
company mission, vision and values and sustainability program.
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the
company and all local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
Contributes to store cleanliness, maintains equipment. Informs
store/department management of any problems.
- Observes all company rules and policies. Understands and
complies with specific department or location guidelines, tasks and
- Trains to work in all departments, providing coverage and
- Follows all policies and procedures specific to each department
- Assists customers with product selection. Shares product
knowledge with customers. Makes recommendations and suggestions
based on customer needs.
- Supports cashiering and other Front-End tasks such as ringing
up product, bagging customer purchases and / or performs
- Supports food service departments, such as Deli, Juice Bar and
Meat and Seafood. Tasks include, but aren't limited to preparing
product through slicing, wrapping, weighing, taring, pricing and
- Follows company provided recipes and specifications in order to
ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Processes customers' made-to-order items accurately and
- Builds displays and arranges department products to make
attractive presentations, highlighting featured/unique/seasonal
- Executes product demos, including sponsored demos, vendor demos
and themed tastings.
- Accurately receives and scans vendor deliveries, returns and
credits into the corresponding inventory management software.
- Completes customer special orders thoroughly and provides
follow-through as needed.
- Maintains whole-store cleanliness, cleans restrooms and deli
seating area (DSA), sweeps, mops, empties trash, cleans parking
lot, washes and stocks kitchen equipment.
- Stocks, rotates and faces products with attention to product
quality and expiration dates.
- Handles damaged and spoiled product according to company
- Receives and unloads merchandise; checks quality, count and
condition. Communicates any issues to management and merchandising
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and rotation of all areas,
products and supplies.
- Maintains accurate pricing and signage that meet merchandising
- Maintains awareness of current ads, promotions, holidays and
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of products throughout
store, with willingness to continue learning. Seeks to further
product knowledge in specific departments.
- Notifies store manager or Manager on Duty of any situations
relating to customer service, safety, productivity, security or any
other situation that may have an adverse effect on the store.
- Tools and Equipment Used (not all inclusive): This position may
be required to use the following tools and equipment: baler, hand
truck, POS, industrial kitchen equipment (i.e. blast chiller,
grill, knives/blades, oven, grills, scales, etc.), basic
housekeeping / janitorial and standard office equipment.
- This position works at a Medium level. Required frequently and
up to continuously to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking
throughout shift. Sitting seldom required. Up to occasionally,
dependent on location, required to climb stairs, step stool and /or
- Continuously required to: lift and carry 1-10 pounds; use arms,
hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
- Frequently required to: lift and carry 11-20 pounds; push
and/or pull 1-80 pounds; reach at/above shoulder; reach below
- Occasionally required to: lift and carry 21-50 pounds;
bend/stoop; twist; crouch/squat; kneel
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of
duties, responsibilities and requirements, but constitutes a
general definition of the position's scope and function within our
company. New Seasons Market / New Leaf Community Markers reserves
the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and
requirements to meet changing industry or business needs as
What you Bring as a Candidate:
- Previous customer service, food service, retail or grocery
- Knowledge of retail Operations department and / or experience
working across multiple retail grocery departments (Front End,
Prepared Foods / Deli, Produce, Meat and Seafood, etc.) highly
Physical and Environmental Work Space: Work occurs in a grocery
store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and
slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in
controlled environments in the cooler and freezer, and depending on
location, working outside in all temperatures. There may be
exposure to certain allergens and / or chemicals. In accordance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of
2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make
reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees
Keywords: New Leaf Community Markets, Inc., Mountain View , Trained In All Departments (TRIAD), Other , Aptos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!