Director of Insights and Analytics (Search & Discovery)
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of
wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to
the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics
network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has
broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we
provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items
including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365
days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is
home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce
opportunities anywhere in the world.
As DirectorBusiness Analysis for Search and Discovery Analytics,
you will be responsible foroperational reporting and insights to
make our consumer experience world-class.Millions of Customers shop
on Coupang, generating billions of data points. The Business
Analytics team within Search & Discovery will bring this data
together to generate actionable insights, answer complex business
questions, and help us deepen our understanding of Customers. We
are looking for a high-performing business analysis and analytics
leader to join our team in Silicon Valley. The selected candidate
must be hands on with big data and will be responsible for building
and managing team from scratch that would focus on predictive
analytics development using machine learning/artificial
What You Will Do
- Develop new Customer experience metrics and insights that will
help us create the best Customer shopping experience.
- Provide thought leadership and be the subject matter expert on
Search and Discovery analytics.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, program managers,
engineers, and business stakeholders to make data-driven
- Develop and manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly business
reporting, working across multiple teams to identify and present
high-level insights to key stakeholders and executives.
- Hire, lead, and mentor a global team of data analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or
- 8+ years of analytics and relevant leadership experience
- Ability to excel as both a team lead and individual
- Has experience translating data and insights into concrete and
- Has experience with SQL, Excel, Python, and R/SAS or any
- Master's degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or
- Has experience in advanced data science, machine learning,
predictive analytics projects
- Has experience in e-commerce, search and recommendations
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender
status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition,
HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran
status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political
activities, or affiliations, citizenship, or any other
characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the
locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a
reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process
due to a disability, please contact us at
Keywords: Coupang, Mountain View , Director of Insights and Analytics (Search & Discovery), Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!