Data Scientist, Operations Data Science
Company: Google Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Master's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering,
Statistics, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a data scientist)
or equivalent. Analytical engagements outside class work while at
school can be included.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python) and
database languages (e.g., SQL)
- PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics
or related field.
- 4 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a data
scientist), including experience applying advanced analytics to
planning and infrastructure problems.
- Experience designing and building statistical forecasting
- Experience designing and building machine learning models.
- Excellent problem-framing, problem-solving and project
- Excellent customer service and team collaboration skills.
About the job
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Data
Scientists work all across the organization to help shape Google's
business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and
interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical rigor and statistical
methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google
and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing
advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to
studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch
the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales
Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google's practices
according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half
the job; you also figure out the solution.
As a member of the Operations Data Science team, you will apply
operations research and statistical methods to solve challenges
related to compute, storage, network, and datacenter capacity for
both Google's internal services and Google Cloud Platform. You will
work broadly across Google's Platforms Engineering, Systems
Infrastructure, and Site Reliability Engineering teams to optimize
our deployment of resources and drive innovation in our software
stack, allowing for efficient use of resources.
As a Data Scientist, you will think critically and strategically
about Google's cloud as a technology, a business, and as an
operation. You will be comfortable discussing total cost of
management with hardware engineers, resource optimization with
software engineers, or reviewing fleet plans and deployment
policies with operations executives, all based upon the analytical
models that you will be developing.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built
by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From
developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next
generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio
possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love
voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them.
We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring
our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead projects with hands-on analysis and modeling, drawing from
multiple of analytical methods to choose the right tool and right
level of complexity appropriate for the business challenges.
- Engage broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize,
frame, and structure complex and ambiguous challenges, where
advanced analytics projects or tools can have the biggest
- Identify and communicate the challenges and opportunities that
the group should be working on.
- Help define the analytical direction and influence the
direction of the associated engineering and infrastructure
- Articulate business questions and use mathematical techniques
to arrive at an answer using data. Translate analysis results into
Keywords: Google Inc., Mountain View , Data Scientist, Operations Data Science, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!