We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers
a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services
and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment
to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are
a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks. Our
communications service provider customers support more than 6.4
billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise
customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide.
Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people
live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166
nationalities working in more than 118 countries. Come create the
technology to create the world.
About Network Infrastructure
Network Infrastructure, includes IP Routing, Optical Networks
and Fixed Networks, as well as Alcatel Submarine Networks business,
currently reported under "Group Common." This business group will
respond to the ever-increasing demand for higher capacity, greater
reliability, faster speeds and lower costs.
Job Position Description:
The IP/Optical Networks business group is looking for a Software
Development Engineer to join our team.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
Protocol development of software on a real-time operating
system, including design, and coding, as well as maintenance of
- Architecture of the functional modules for 4G/5G gateways
- Unit testing of features developed on Packet and Serving
- Maintenance of software developed, support and technical
- Should be able to mentor junior engineers in team.
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Minimum Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or
- BSCS or BSCE with 8 years or MSCS or MSCE with 5 years.
- Must be strong in 'C/C++' and data structures programming.
- Good in operating system and networking concepts.
- Protocol development preferably, wireless experience, such as
development on LTE/5G, using GTP, charging protocols, RADIUS,
Diameter IP and routing protocols is added advantage.
- Familiarity with network security and cryptography concepts and
protocols, such as SSL, TLS.
- Familiarity with IP network protocols
- Familiarity with UNIX based and real-time operating systems
Strong C programming skills Experience in developing network
protocols Experience in debugging and maintaining control plane
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made
regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national
origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental
disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or
military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the
world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's
lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing
challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of
people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come
create the technology to connect the world.