Senior Software Development Engineer
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We're looking for individuals to help us develop firmware
running on Microsoft's custom silicon. If you have a growth
mindset, enjoy working in a fun environment, and would love to team
up with a talented group of individuals from diverse backgrounds
and with diverse skillsets, then we would love for you to join
- BS. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years' experience in embedded software development OR
low-level software interfacing with hardware.
- 2+ years' experience working with C or C++.
- Ability to take ambitious and ambiguous goals and develop
requirements, timelines, software architecture, and APIs to ensure
- Knowledge of operating systems including drivers, memory
management, boot loaders, and scheduling.
- Excellent debugging skills with GDB or equivalent.
- Experience developing firmware in pre-silicon
- Shipped products running firmware or embedded software you've
- Experience with one or more of these: drivers, DMA, PCIe, NVMe,
image video decoders, networking controllers, memory
controllers/training, boot flows, or power management.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security
screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include but are not limited to the following
specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud
Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a member of Microsoft's Silicon Engineer Systems, you
directly impact future products such as Azure and Xbox through:
- Architecting software at various layers of the stack, from boot
ROMs to drivers to runtimes.
- Leading the technical development of low-level software.
- Mentoring junior engineers in aspects of software design and
firmware and learning from industry experts.
- Working with a group of individuals from diverse backgrounds
and with diverse skillsets.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Mountain View , Senior Software Development Engineer, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!