Senior Electrical Engineer - Aircraft
Company: Adafruit Industries
Location: mountain view
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Senior Electrical Engineer - Aircraft - Matternet, Inc.
- 1 active job
As the Senior Electrical Engineer on our Aircraft team at
Matternet, you will be responsible for evolving new designs and
unlocking future capabilities for the Matternet drone delivery
You will take on the unique challenge of combining the need to
optimize power, weight, and cost with the expectations of
aerospace-grade safety and reliability.
This role will assume organizational responsibilities of design
control, QC, supplier interaction, etc., while working in a
cross-functional team of Mechanical, Mechatronic, Embedded,
Electrical, and Software Engineers to develop best-in-class
technology for on-demand, aerial delivery in urban environments.
This role is application-oriented; the main technical challenges
are in system layout and integration of sub-systems (i.e.
integrating existing solutions in our drones).
If desired, as our team continues to grow, there will be an
opportunity to take on the responsibility of building up the
Electrical Engineering team.
- Own system architecture and implementation of Analog and
Digital circuits in high-reliability application
- Have expert level proficiency in one or more of the
industry-accepted EE design CAD programs.
- Own the electrical systems roadmap for future updates and
- Provide sustaining engineering support to existing UAV
platform, including troubleshooting problems in the manufacture,
testing or operation of the existing platforms, in addition to new
features and upgrades
- Mentor other engineers in the team(s) and therefore being a
clear communicator is a key requirement for success in this
- Be a hands-on development lead for design, prototype validation
& test and be skilled in using tools such as oscilloscopes,
multimeters, function generators, LCR meters
- Use electrical circuit simulation tools to verify designs
- 8+ years of proven industry experience with a history of
successfully delivering diverse safety-critical or Aerospace
designs into series manufacture
- A solid foundation in analog and digital circuitry and
- Experience with multi-layer (6+) PCBs and designing real-time
applications with high-speed processors
- Experience with high-density layout design practices
- Experience designing for EMI/RFI and signal/power
- Experience with battery chargers/balancers and DC power
- Experience with I2C, UART, CAN, USB, SPI or other high-speed
- Experience with design for reliability in high vibration and
high-temperature environments with accelerated lifetime testing and
other methods of ensuring robustness
- Experience with architecture design for redundancy and fault
- Expertise in Altium for design and version control of
schematics and board design/manufacturing
- Experience in the aviation, robotics, automotive or medical
- Experience with programming languages C++, Python or Firmware
and embedded code
Youll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate
leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders,
orientations, beliefs; people. We depend on the unique backgrounds
of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the
needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing
diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place
where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all
employees an opportunity to align their success with the company
through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive
medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program,
and flexible time off.
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, its a mission. We are
prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternets mission
successful. Most people would give up. We wont.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.
- About Us
- Gift Cards
Keywords: Adafruit Industries, Mountain View , Senior Electrical Engineer - Aircraft, Other , mountain view, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!