Financial Analyst, Supply Chain Finance, Devices & Services Finance
Company: Google Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in financial planning and analysis
(FP&A) or a related function
- Analytical and modeling experience; experience working with
- Hardware or consumer electronics industry experience.
- Experience in management, reporting and analysis on device cost
and capital expenditures.
- Working knowledge of SAP, tableau, SQL, analytical
tools/systems (e.g. statistics / data visualization software), and
- Excellent collaboration, influencing and relationship-building
skills; ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional
partners and influence senior leaders.
- Strong business judgment, efficient problem solving track
record, and ability to clearly clear articulation of data driven
- Organized, strategically focused, self-starter and comfortable
with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial
decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling
business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our
leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple
projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding
creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team
inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform
planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior
level management with insightful recommendations, planning and
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on one of
Google's most exciting product areas -- Devices and Services! This
area includes Pixel phones, Pixel Buds, Nest thermostats, Nest
WiFi, Google TV, and many more. Your responsibilities will include
optimizing our device cost structure, designing and implementing
critical financial processes, and driving improved investment ROI
across the business. The role will focus on device costs and
The mission for the team is designing/building critical
financial infrastructure to support the business and working
closely with the Supply Chain team to track performance and ensure
optimal cost structures as well as overall sound decision making.
You will partner with the functional teams to understand industry,
product, and business related trends that could result in
additional financial risk to Google.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the
number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big
numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on
all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From
developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management
reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance
organization is an important partner and advisor to the
- Partner with Supply Chain organization to build transparency
into, evaluate, and make recommendations on all areas impacting the
device cost, and manufacturing equipment for all devices that are
part of the Pixel portfolio
- Support Supply Chain teams in contract negotiations and
3rd-party partner management
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual financial processes,
including annual planning, forecast, close variance analysis,
compliance, and management reporting and drive visibility into
- Drive actionable analysis and provide recommendations for cost
reduction opportunities and investment prioritization and
- Partner closely with other Finance teams including Accounting
and Financial Operations to ensure Google's accounting, compliance
and other financial requirements are supported
Keywords: Google Inc., Mountain View , Financial Analyst, Supply Chain Finance, Devices & Services Finance, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!