Our multidisciplinary team of world-leading discovery
biologists, biochemists, geneticists, and fermentation process
engineers are dedicated to harnessing the therapeutic potential of
plants. We are applying our unique design-build process and our
proven track record to the biosynthesis of cannabinoids.
Join our team:
Willow Biosciences is a company where people truly believe in
what they are doing. Our team is committed to developing
high-purity, plant derived compounds for the treatment of pain,
anxiety, obesity, brain disorders, among other significant
indications. We work hard, we are serious about what we do, and we
like to have fun too.
Job Listing: Lab Technician
We are seeking an experienced Lab Technician who will support
the lab operations and scientists working on microbial metabolic
engineering and fermentation. This individual will support daily
laboratory operations including preparation of materials and
consumables used in experiments as well as keep inventory of
supplies and ensure a healthy stock of lab-related materials are
available at all times.
Location: Mountain View, California
Education: Associate or
bachelors degree in Life Sciences or related
Experience: 1+ years experience working in a
laboratory in an industrial research setting (Biotechnology,
Pharmaceutical, or Life Sciences Industries). Experience working
with yeast strongly preferred.
Position: This position is for a highly
motivated and experienced individual with a strong desire to work
in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment. This individual
will work under the guidance of scientists to support all
laboratory operations to meet company goals/milestones.
- Perform activities to support microbial fermentations; this
includes media and reagent solution preparation, equipment, and
media sterilization, shake flask and benchtop fermenter setup and
cleaning, sampling, and sample processing, etc.
- Write/modify/maintain lab protocols; also create or evaluate
new lab protocols and SOPs, as necessary.
- Prepare biological samples or cultures analysis.
- Troubleshoot standard lab equipment issues with vendors.
- Prepare and run quality control on culture media and
- Maintain and inventory all lab equipment, chemicals and
- Work with local vendors and oversee ordering (and maintaining
stock of) all chemicals and consumables.
- Assist Scientist in development and testing of protocols or new
- Be familiar with and maintain standard laboratory instruments
(including robotic liquid handlers and other automated
- Be familiar with fermentation equipment and processes (handling
2 L glass bioreactors, autoclave, preparing media, stock solutions
- Maintaining and calibrating lab instruments such as pH
- Propose continual operational improvements for efficiency and
- Performing miscellaneous laboratory duties such as cleaning of
apparatus and equipment, general clean-up of laboratory,
sterilizing media, reagents, instruments, etc.
- Outstanding team player with strong interpersonal and
communication skills (written and verbal).
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in
- Attention to detail, good laboratory practice and maintenance
of a high degree of accuracy while working in high throughput.
- Experience working with benchtop fermenters (preferred).
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Remaining in a seated or standing position for extended
- Performing repetitive tasks with hands, fingers, and
- Use of standard lab PPE (lab coats, safety glasses and
Authorized to work in the US
Benefits and Perks:
- Healthcare benefits medical, vision, dental
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Life / AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k plan
- Opportunities for professional development
- Snacks, weekly lunch delivered & company team wide social
Equal Opportunity Employment
Willow Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other
applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment
is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business