Staff Software Engineer, Google Translate Evaluation
Company: Google Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software development experience in C/C++, Python,
or Go, or 8 years with a relevant advanced degree.
- 3 years of experience with data analysis and experiment
- Experience developing machine translation or Natural Language
Processing (NLP) solutions and evaluation techniques.
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a
related technical field.
- 15 years of professional software development experience.
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams
and setting technical direction.
- Experience developing solutions to ambiguous problems with
About the job
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that
change how users connect, explore, and interact with information
and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative,
motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used
by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and
passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push
technology forward. If you get excited about building new things
and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your
next career step.
On the Google Translate team, we believe reliable evaluation is
critical to making progress on machine translation quality. New
research shows that innovative evaluation techniques are required
to address the challenge of distinguishing subtle differences
between high quality systems, evaluating quality in long documents
as opposed to isolated sentences, evaluating quality for very low
resource languages and evaluating speech to speech translation.
As a staff software engineer for Google Translate Evaluation,
you will address these challenges and build a state of the art
evaluation process within the Translate team. You will be designing
experiments, analyzing results, and proposing recommendations on
how to further improve our translation systems. You will work with
a small team to design a roadmap to developing solutions. By
applying data analysis and advanced quantitative techniques, your
team will bring high quality translations to all of our users.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure
team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies
that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether
working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer
technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers
and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end
experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Lead effort as part of a team to design novel evaluation
- Understand the latest research in translation quality
evaluation and apply them to the current set of challenges.
- Design experiments and analyze results to recommend system
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve
Keywords: Google Inc., Mountain View , Staff Software Engineer, Google Translate Evaluation, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!