Display Engineer, Augmented Reality
Company: Google Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related discipline, or
equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in combined design and product integration
with analog and mixed signal hardware.
- Experience participating in the design qualification of 1
- Experience scaling 1 product for mass production in the
consumer electronics industry.
- Experience with analog feedback sensing (capacitive, optical,
resistive, etc) and sampling (ADC's and DAC's)
- Experience with display metrology standards, eg IEC or
- Experience applying photometry and radiometry measurements to
laser based devices.
- Experience developing opto-electrical tests and/or mass
About the job
You will work as a member of our display team and support the
design and integration of display technology into our Augmented
Reality (AR) products. You'll collaborate on design requirement
definition, and execute detailed verification to ensure our designs
can meet performance expectations at scale. You'll also work
closely with our Operations and Manufacturing teams to ensure our
manufacturing test and calibration processes meet our display
product requirements. Your experience and passion for complex
hardware design problems will enable us to advance display
controller and GPU designs. You will help design, implement, and
verify complex closed loop controller designs for
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make
it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team
combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create
radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and
develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's
interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful.
Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us,
advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the
Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through
- Develop and execute detailed verification plans to qualify AR
- Collaborate in design requirement definition for display
components for AR displays (lasers, MEMS Mirrors, photodiodes,
control system design, micro-OLED, micro-LED, display
controller/driver IC, and related power systems and
- Support the Electrical Engineering team with schematic and PCB
layout design through detailed simulations. Support Display OS team
with code reviews (be able to read and understand, but not develop,
- Develop engineering models and test software for performance
- Develop calibration and test processes to guarantee display
performance, in collaboration with manufacturing engineers.
Keywords: Google Inc., Mountain View , Display Engineer, Augmented Reality, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!