VP Head of Product Management
Company: Samsung Electronics America Inc
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Over the last few years Samsung has been investing in building
up a portfolio of engaging services across its devices to
complement its market-leading hardware business, while leveraging
its unparalleled global distribution footprint. These services,
coupled with a vast partner network and proprietary data, generate
a massive opportunity for ad-based monetization. Five years into
this journey, Samsung Ads is a highly successful and fast-growing
business. This business and its continued future success depend on
the products, technologies and tools owned by the Global Ads & Data
Product & Engineering team. Hundreds of people strong, with
substantial presence in four countries, the Global P&E team is
a fast-paced, dynamic and complex organization, operating across a
broad spectrum of product and strategic domains
Role and Responsibilities
The VP of Product Management will have the following key
- Set the vision and roadmap for the product portfolio and run
the product development cycle.
- Cultivate a world-class product management culture and best
- Lead, guide and grow our existing PM team, currently consisting
of over 60 PMs, designers and analysts, across multiple
- Collaborate closely with engineering to facilitate productive
and high-quality product delivery.
- Interface effectively with sales, marketing, BD, and other
functions to successfully take products to market.
- Proactively engage with partnering teams, including HQ (Korea),
in a highly complex environment, to remove obstacles and pave the
way towards successful outcomes.
The position is based in Mountain View, CA and will require
domestic US travel as well as periodic visits to other sites
including Korea, India and Europe.
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Deep advertising technology domain expertise required
- Proven track record in successfully building and launching
digital ad products
- Demonstrated experience in leading large-scale global product
teams with a structured and deliberate mindset
- MBA preferred; Computer Science BS/MS valued
- 10+ years in Product Management in the area of software
- Experience in (and passion for) hiring, leading, and developing
product teams within the Ads space or related sector
- Leadership skills that inspire PMs to think holistically, from
product envisioning to market impact.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and quality; striving for continuous
- Ability to work strategically and tactically (roll up sleeves)
with relative fluidity, little direction, and ambiguity
- General interest and awareness of industry trends and
developments in related sectors
Leadership Competencies / Culture Fit
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America Inc, Mountain View , VP Head of Product Management, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!