Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Juul Labs' mission is to impact the lives of the world's one
billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We
have the opportunity to address one of the world's most intractable
challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research,
design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we
are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and
we are hiring the world's best engineers, scientists, designers,
product managers, operations experts, and customer service and
business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at
one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for
The failure analysis SME will be an expert in his/her field.
This person will be working with multiple cross-functional teams
from product development to field support and requires extensive
hands-on experience in an advanced material analysis using
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Considered a subject matter expert in failure analysis.
- Analyze complex problems with the team to determine root cause
and corrective actions.
- Provide detailed analysis of failures and make
- Develop experiments and test equipment to mimic failure
- Engage heavily in design changes of equipment and parts to
- Support product development, manufacturing engineering, and
field support as required
- Drive product and process changes proactively.
- Develop regular reports on progress.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in the high tech field - semiconductor,
MEMS, NEMS, medical device, etc.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing and working in
multinational companies and teams.
- Experience with characterization techniques as required to
support the role including, proficiency in the bulk and surface
- Understanding of the properties of a broad spectrum of
materials such as plastics, polymers, ceramics, metals and
- Functional knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic and
- Deep methodical ability to analyze problems, and find and
implement corrective actions.
- Data-oriented approach to solving
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork, and experience
working with others overseas.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly
- Minimum: Masters in the engineering discipline, Material
Science, Chemical engineering, PhD preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder
in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for
all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender
expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility
verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the
Keywords: Juul, Mountain View , Senior Failure Analysis Engineer, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!