Senior Designer, Product Graphics, Devices and Services
Company: Google Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Industrial
Design or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of industry experience working in graphic design within
the consumer electronics industry.
- Experience with compliance markings and requirements for
- Experience in technologies including: Adobe Illustrator,
InDesign, Photoshop, Google Workspace
- Experience collaborating and communicating with vendors in
Asia. Travel to vendors (including manufacturing facilities
overseas) may be required to ensure design quality throughout the
development and build process.
- Understanding of various on-product printing methods (pad
printing, silk-screen, laser etching, in-tool, stitching, etc.).
Knowledge of working with varied materials: plastic, metal, fabric,
rubber, wood, etc.
- Proven track record of working on products that have been
successfully introduced to the US and international markets.
- Portfolio showing graphic designs within real-world
About the job
The Google Hardware Design Team is seeking a Senior Graphic
Designer with a superb aesthetic sense and impeccable eye for
detail. You will help our teams bring on-product graphics and
regulatory markings/labeling to live across multiple product
categories including but not limited to mobile, home and wearables.
You have experience designing, laying out and implementing critical
graphic markings on a variety of production materials, as well as
working across different application methods/processes including:
laser-etching, pad printing, silk-screen, and in-tool.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make
it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team
combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create
radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and
develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's
interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful.
Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us,
advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the
Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through
- Design and layout pertinent on-product marking / labeling,
including but not limited to regulatory markings (i.e. serial
number, country codes, date, etc.), typography on keyboards (across
multiple languages / countries), physical user interface icons
(i.e. play, pause, ffwd, etc.) and logos.
- Translate graphic design to production printing / marking /
labeling methods and processes.
- Work with vendors to ensure design intent is implemented
correctly on all markings and labels.
- Work closely with industrial design, user experience,
marketing, regulatory compliance, engineering and product
management in all stages of the product design process.
Keywords: Google Inc., Mountain View , Senior Designer, Product Graphics, Devices and Services, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!