Audio Systems Engineer, Nest
Company: Google Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Acoustics, Electrical or Computer
Engineering, Physics, or similar field, or equivalent practical
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Experience with Consumer Hardware.
- Experience with voice quality measurement using HEAD Acoustics
ACQUA and HATS.
- Master's or PhD in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, or
- 7 years of industry experience with telephony consumer
- Experience with digital filters, noise reduction, echo
suppression, microphone beamforming, AGC, MBDRC. Experience
developing audio systems on Linux and/or Android systems.
- Experience with network simulators such as R&S CMU, CMW or
similar. Knowledge of ITU-T, 3GPP and ETSI specifications for voice
- Acoustic and electrical measurement capability using
Soundcheck, Audio Precision, or other. Knowledge of acoustics of
loudspeakers and microphones, digital audio, and digital signal
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we
can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it
ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and
networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a
Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the
heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing
infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit
design to large system design and see those systems all the way
through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential
to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers
affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple
areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a
data center facility, including construction and equipment
installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
The Nest Audio Hardware team develops audio solutions for Google
Nest. Our team develops custom hardware solutions, integrates them
into the system, and is responsible for the user facing
performance. Our team collaborates closely with Software and
Algorithm teams within Nest and across products, including
Assistant, Cloud, and more.
- Define and tune voice processing algorithms, coordinate on
algorithm enhancements with developers. Evaluate and benchmark
algorithm performance by objective and subjective methods.
- Coordinate with acoustic engineers on loudspeaker and
microphone architecture and locations on devices. Collaborate with
internal developers and external vendors to meet our next
- Work with cross-functional teams to help deliver excellent far
field voice quality and speech recognition performance.
- Review customer audio test requirements across all network
Keywords: Google Inc., Mountain View , Audio Systems Engineer, Nest, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!