Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous
technology that carries freight forward-so people, partners, and
the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly
different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak's experienced team
has developed the industry's most advanced technology stack
purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor
fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality,
to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks
to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our
world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of
autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join us
in developing autonomous hardware.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for mechanical design, assembly, test and
integration of sensors, compute, and actuation systems
- Design for automotive requirements and environmental
- Support module and vehicle builds
- Work closely with the software team to define and convert
perception, planning, and control requirements into hardware
- Diagnose and drive resolution of technical issues
- Manage relationships with suppliers and external partners
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent
experience, in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. Strong CAD
experience with packages such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, and/or
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have
previously played the lead role on several projects. You take
ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have
experienced product development in all of its stages and are
comfortable in the earlier stages - moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a
keyboard. You have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes
for both low and high volume production.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise,
and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and
participating in cross-functional design reviews.
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed
and supportive teammates
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working
towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative
environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of
race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
Keywords: Kodiak, Mountain View , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!