Director, Content Development & Ops
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local
news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds.
We’re now the largest intelligent local news platform in the
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android.
With 12M+ daily active app users and 45M+ monthly users (data
source: App Annie, comScore), we are also ahead of all major news
apps in the United States. We've recently secured a $115M Series-C
funding from Francisco Partners and IDG Capital. https://www.newsbreak.com/blog/series-c-funding
We've been growing 3x every 12 months in both user base and
revenue. Right now, we're aggressively expanding our team and
looking for senior talents to accelerate our growth. Looking for
you to lead our next steps!
For more information, please visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About The Role
News Break is seeking a seasoned leader in driving our company's
content development & operations work streams, which include
content & data sourcing, information discovery,
programming/experience operations, creator/super user management,
small publishers/SMB interactions, product operations support, as
well as a series of other operational activities and projects. This
is a critical role and team to drive user, content, and revenue
growth of News Break.
- Lead team to partner with product, engineering, and business
teams to discover content, data, and information to provide a
world-class local experience to our users, creators, business
partners via various offerings.
- Manage distribution and curation of content & information
across different channels, such as the news feed, notifications,
newsletters, topic tabs, video feed, and experimental product
offerings on News Break.
- Be the ‘go-to’ team and the most flexible team to work on new
projects (especially experimental projects) to quickly collect and
curate sufficient data & content to “cold start” a product
experience (e.g., source data, find creators, synthesize
information into user-friendly formats).
- Play as a critical stake owner to provide inputs for product
features, usage follow, critical design, and launch plan.
- Stay on top of the local news cycles and remain on the pulse of
local content trends to inform decision-making around content
strategy and operations.
- Provide training to local creators, influencers, and writers to
support and improve their content performance and reputation
- Organize or assist in organizing online/offline events to build
up local “super-fan” communities.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to optimize the
tooling that benefit the scaling of the operational efforts
- 5+ years of digital media operations, product operations, or
business operations experience required
- Experience working in project management or operations
- Deep understanding of the culture and trends in the content
industry. News industry or local information industry experience
- Strong writing skills. Good sense of news content as well as
other related categories. Video experience preferred.
- Passion for News Break and community engagement
- Solid communication and team management skills.
- Flexible and open minded for working with multiple teams in a
- Bachelor degree required
We provide a highly competitive compensation package including
base salary, bonuses, 401k match, and stock options. Benefits
include great Medical, Dental, and Vision
Keywords: NewsBreak, Mountain View , Director, Content Development & Ops, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!