Staff Operation Research Scientist
Company: INFOX Consulting Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Full time - Infox Consulting Inc. - United States Posted On
09/09/2020 Job Information Job Opening ID ZR_279_JOB Work
Experience 5+ years City Mountain View State/Province California
Zip/Postal Code 94043 Job Description Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and deliver models for operational problems
using modeling tools. Apply mathematical programming knowledges to
design and provide decision support tools and software.
- Apply advanced data mining and optimization techniques to solve
complex business problems including pricing, inventory, logistics,
supply chain management, scheduling, etc. Utilizing code (Python,
R, Java, C++ or another object oriented language) for modeling
(optimization, simulation, statistical) and developing
- Perform quantitative, economic, and numerical analysis of the
performance of these systems under uncertainty using statistical
and optimization tools such as Python and R to find both exact and
heuristic solution strategies for optimization problems.
- Closely collaborate with other departments, integrate
optimization algorithms with other deliverables into larger
- Explain complex models and analysis using simplified terms,
report and present to decision makers.
- Ph.D. degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics,
Industrial Engineering, Decision Science, Theoretical Computer
Science, or other related scientific disciplines.
- 5+ years of industrial experience in applying operations
research techniques to solve real-world problem. Research expertise
in at least one of the following: optimization theories, planning,
revenue management, inventory control, logistics.
- Experience implementing models through modelling languages.
Professional experience in both academic and industrial settings is
a plus. Experience applying optimization models for strategic and
tactical business decisions is a plus.
- Demonstrated software development skills in a collaborative
team environment, experience with programming in Python, R, Java,
C/C++, or a similar language a plus. Exposure to scripting
languages, relational databases and Linux.
- Experience with manipulating complex data sources and very
large-scale data, Familiarity with technical tools for analysis -
Python (with Pandas, etc.), R, SQL. Python skills and previous
software engineering background a plus.
- Good communication skills with both technical and business
people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Keywords: INFOX Consulting Inc., Mountain View , Staff Operation Research Scientist, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!