Data Scientist (Modeling/Algorithms) - Pricing
Company: Didi Labs
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Data Scientist (Modeling/Algorithms) - Pricing The Pricing team
at DiDi Labs tackles challenging engineering and data science
problems in the wide spectrum of pricing, fares and incentives,
supporting DiDi's fast-growing international business (i.e., the
world outside China). The mission is to improve key business
metrics, enhance marketplace efficiency, elevate the experiences of
our global customers, and build various pricing-related products
that will continue to change the global transportation landscape.
The team is composed of machine learning engineers, backend
engineers and data scientists. We use machine learning, operations
research, statistics, economics and other quantitative techniques
to design efficient pricing algorithms and strategies. We also
build big data pipelines and scalable backend systems to deliver
strategies and products in the real business. Responsibilities
- Build models and design algorithms in the wide pricing domain,
using machine learning, operations research, statistics, economics,
and/or other quantitative techniques. The work needs to be
end-to-end, starting from idea brainstorming and data exploration,
and ending with implementing the code in production.
- Develop simulators to evaluate the performance of pricing
strategies offline, and design experiments to evaluate the
- Perform data analysis for pricing strategy development and
- Closely collaborate with engineers in the pricing team here,
product managers and data analysts in China HQ, and local operation
teams in international cities (e.g. Latin America).--
- The goal is to improve key business metrics in our
international business and make direct business impacts.--
- M.S. degree (Ph.D. is a plus) in Computer Science, Operations
Research, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Math, or a similar
- 2+ years of industry experience in machine learning and/or
operations research. Strong fresh PhD with research focus on the
related fields will also be considered.
- Domain knowledge in pricing and revenue management.
- Hands-on mastery of data manipulation and experience with data
analytics tools (SQL, Python, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.).
- Solid programming skills. Familiar with basic data structures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to display leadership qualities and enthusiasm to
engage new problems in the algorithm and modeling domains as we
continue to push our technology forward.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with dynamic pricing and/or reinforcement
- Familiar with deep learning techniques and experience with at
least one DL framework (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Experience working in a product and/or business-driven
- Software development experience in a production environment is
- Experience with machine learning systems is a plus.
Keywords: Didi Labs, Mountain View , Data Scientist (Modeling/Algorithms) - Pricing, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!