Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 2, 2021
LinkedIn helps professionals achieve more in their careers, and
every day millions of people use our products to make connections,
discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means
we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no
other company can. We are much more than a digital r--sum-- - we
transform lives through innovative products and technologies.
LinkedIn has the most interesting data about the professional world
and this is one of LinkedIn's most valuable assets. Searching for
your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find
passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
This position is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor
of an initiative that has a company-wide impact and to build
products at the cutting-edge of Big Data.
Engineering LinguistWe are seeking extraordinary talent to work
alongside machine learning researchers, software engineers, data
experts, and product managers to build out LinkedIn's Economic
Graph - our knowledge bases about economic entities like
professions, companies, and skills. This work drives all of the
products at LinkedIn so that we can create economic opportunities
for professionals everywhere. Our ideal candidate will be a native
speaker of French who is passionate about applying his or her
expertise to increase the accuracy and coverage of the systems that
we use to process information from jobs and members. This position
is a full-time contractor role up to one year at our office in
Mountain View, CA.
* Relocation support is not provided.
Role ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you will create, enrich, and
validate our knowledge bases and taxonomies by creating new
knowledge and evaluating how that knowledge helps in practice.
These include tasks like the following:
- Identifying systematic relationships between concepts such as
job titles, skills, certificates, etc.
- Researching, classifying, and annotating the phrases, terms,
and data in messy, user-generated data
- Research new entity categories and best practices for
- Leverage external resources like Wikipedia and standards to
enrich and organize our data
- Create instructions for outsourced evaluations, for example
with Figure Eight
- Evaluate the output of machine learning classifiers and
- Native speaker of French
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Analytical skills in your languages with high attention to
- Willingness to learn technical concepts and new tools and a
keen interest in technology
- Comfortable working with unclear classification rules or on
- Ability to prioritize and explain decisions
- BS/BA Degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Library
and Information Science, Philosophy, Experimental Psychology,
Mathematics, or related discipline.
- 1+ years of experience with taxonomy work, search, controlled
vocabularies, and/or linguistic annotation
- Ability to understand and apply complex task-specific
instructions with minimal supervision
- Understand the tradeoffs involved in making classification
- Practical experience with the messiness of user-generated
- Knowledge of semantics, dictionary building, controlled
vocabularies, taxonomies, and/or ontologies
- Knowledge of tools for natural language processing and/or
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java,
- MS in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Library and
Information Science, Philosophy, Experimental Psychology,
Mathematics, or related discipline
Keywords: LinkedIn, Mountain View , French Linguist, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!