Staff Software Engineer - Big Data
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 24, 2021
OverviewOur formula for innovation begins with agile,
cross-functional teams that welcome diverse perspectives and
embrace collaboration. Inspirational working environments help
spark fresh ideas, with state-of-the-art technology and creative
workspaces that allow our team to decide how they want to work. And
our shared commitment to make a meaningful impact for our customers
helps us push the boundaries of technology to uncover new
possibilities. If you have a commitment to excellence and a passion
for innovation, come join our team.What you'll bring
- BS in Computer Science. MS Preferred or equivalent work
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms
and distributed systems.
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance and
- 8+ years of strong Object-Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, or
- 8+ years of hands-on Software Engineering experience.
- 8+ years of experience integrating technical processes and
business outcomes - specifically: data and process analysis, data
quality metrics/monitoring, data architecture, developing
policies/standards & supporting processes.
- Strong project leadership experience, including being a
technical lead for multiple complex software development projects
using agile methodologies.
- Experience in people management or interest in people
management is a plus.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Storm,
Druid, Cassandra, Columnar Databases and Graph Databases.
- 2+ years working with Cloud Technologies.
- Experience with varios offerings from AWS, including S3, EMR,
Redshift, Data Pipeline, Athena and Kinesis is a plus.
- History of contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- 5+ years DevOps experience including configuration,
optimization, backup, high reliability, monitoring and systems
- Track record working with data from multiple sources -
willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage
creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including
business writing and presentations. Ability to communicate
objectives, plans, status and results clearly, focusing on critical
few key points. Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix
environment, ability to influence at all levels, and build strong
- Knowledge of enacting service level agreements and the
appropriate escalation and communication plans to maintain them.How
you will lead
- Design and develop big data and real-time analytics solutions
using industry standard technologies.
- Develop web services that make big data available in real-time
for in-product applications.
- Work with data architects to ensure that Big Data solutions are
aligned with company-wide technology directions.
- Lead fast moving development teams using agile
- Lead by example, demonstrating best practices for unit testing,
CI/CD, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation,
monitoring, alerting, and incident response.
- Communicate progress across organizations and levels from
individual contributor to senior executive. Identify and clarify
the critical few issues that need action and drive appropriate
decisions and actions. Communicate results clearly and in
- Serve as technical -go to- person for our core technologies -
Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Vertica, Tableau, Cassandra, Graph Databases
- Demonstrate strong implementation aptitude to translate
objectives into a scalable solution to meet the needs of the end
customer while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate commitment to your professional development by
attending conferences, taking classes, giving technical
presentations, and participating in developer communities inside
and outside of Intuit.
Keywords: Intuit, Mountain View , Staff Software Engineer - Big Data, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!