Company: International Society of Arboriculture
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Location: Mountain View, CA
Salary: $70,198 to $94,974 Annually Plus a comprehensive benefits
package Why Consider The City of Mountain View?
It's simple. We are a passionate team of professionals committed to
providing excellent service to the community we serve, and we want
you to join us! When you become part of the City of Mountain View
family, you will find this is not just a J-O-B, it is a way of life
for those who seek a mission-oriented culture.
About This Role
We want a highly motivated, reliable, and skilled individual to
join the Community Services Department in the Forestry and Roadway
Division for the position of Forestry Coordinator with the City of
Mountain View. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team
environment, administer and implement the City's forestry and
community tree program and ensure compliance with ordinances; act
as one of the City's liaisons between contractors and the public;
and perform other specialized arboriculture functions as assigned
while providing exceptional customer service. You can review the
detailed job description for Forestry Coordinator on the City's
What You Bring
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience in the field
of arboriculture or urban forestry management.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university in arboriculture, horticulture, landscape architecture,
- Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License.
- Possession of or ability to obtain within 18 months of
appointment, Arborist Certification from the International Society
of Arborists. Bonus Points
- Previous work experience coordinating or monitoring the work of
tree contractors. Who You Are
- You are a quick learner who embraces change and can work well
both independently and with others.
- You are a flexible and resourceful person who is able to
navigate in a setting that involves numerous parties, internal and
external to the organization, with differing perspectives,
interests and goals.
- You know how to talk to people and have great interpersonal
- You are an individual who is self-motivated, team oriented,
reliable and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You have the ability organize work and set priorities.
- You can prepare clear, concise, and effective correspondence,
reports, and other written materials.
- You are adept at juggling multiple priorities and projects in
order to meet targeted deadlines.
- You have a strong technical background and excellent
- You have excellent judgement in making decisions. What You'll
- Act as one of the City's liaisons between contractors and the
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and monitoring the work of
contractors and permittees.
- Ensure compliance with City tree maintenance standards and all
applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist with implementation of the Community Tree Master Plan
and Heritage Tree Policy.
- Perform marketing and outreach to residents regarding street
- Serve as the City representative for community outreach and
educating the residents about the City's forestry and community
- Work with contract arborist and City staff to plant street
- Conduct periodic surveys to report and suggest maintenance
- Assist with scheduling and routing of the contractor to perform
maintenance and make recommendations to improve routing and tree
work efficiency as needed.
- Conduct field visits to confirm contractor has completed
assigned work and document according to division standards.
- Assist in developing work plans, procedures, and schedules for
tree inspections, trimming, and removal.
- Assist with awareness of and compliance with safety standards,
work methods, and quality standards in relation to tree work.
- Maintain records necessary to monitor the tree inventory data
and produce reports on status of quarterly and annual tree
replacements and removals.
- Assist with department goal of increasing canopy by tracking
new trees and tracking watering schedules of young trees.
- Respond to inquiries regarding tree planting and assists with
investigating complaints related to tree maintenance operations of
- Keep abreast of current maintenance functions and recommends
improvements to the City's policies and practices.
- Assist division management to prepare budget estimates and
- Inspect project sites to evaluate work progress and
- Prepare, develop, and update outreach and awareness materials,
notification letters, and other public information materials.
- Plan and coordinate projects and maintain a positive
relationship with nonprofits and community organizations.
- Report pest issues to the Tree Supervisor/ Arborist and
Forestry & Roadway Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package including generous paid leave
and group health coverage
- CalPERS retirement (2.7% at 55 formula for classic members; 2%
at 62 for new members); employees contribute 11.5% for classic
members; 10.5% for new members to CalPERS with no Social Security
- Opportunity to utilize $2,000 in tuition reimbursement for
education advancement annually, with an additional one time
opportunity for up to $20,000 for the completion of a work related
Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Up to $100/month City contribution for mass transit expenses,
with $10/month minimum employee contribution
- Employee appreciation days and activities
- Professional Development Funds - $800.00 annually
- Wellness culture including access to the employee gym and
incentive pay for participating in the City's wellness program. Are
You Ready? Apply.
Submit your application and resume online at www.calopps.org or to
the Human Resources Division; City of Mountain View, 500 Castro
Street, Mountain View, CA 94041, (650) 903-6309. Application
materials will be screened on a continuous basis with a first
application review date of Wednesday, September 26, 2018. Interview
Candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to
the following process:
- Oral board Interview and written exercise (weighted 100%).
- Department interview with the Community Services Department
staff for a more in-depth discussion regarding the position and
their qualifications for the position. Depending on the number of
applications, the above process may be altered.
Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in
any phase of the application or testing process should advise the
Human Resources Division upon submittal of application.
Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the
request. The City of Mountain View is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE). Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully
complete a preemployment process, including employment verification
and a Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint check. A conviction
history will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from
appointment; however, failure to disclose a conviction will result
in disqualification or termination.
Please answer the following questions and submit with your
application. Please limit your responses to one page per question
1. Do you possess at least two years of increasingly responsible
experience in the field of arboriculture or urban forestry
management? If so, please describe your experience.
2. Do you have previous work experience coordinating or monitoring
the work of tree contractors? If so, please describe your
3. Do you possess an Arborist Certification from the International
Society of Arborists?
b. No International Society of Arboriculture 270 Peachtree St NW,
Atlanta GA 30303 United States Phone: +1.678.367.0981 Facebook
Twitter YouTube LinkedIn
Keywords: International Society of Arboriculture, Mountain View , Forestry Coordinator, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!