Customer Care Representative
Company: KiwiCo, Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Customer Care - Mountain View, CA - Full Time Job Description
About Us KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks
kids' creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials
and inspiration. We offer kids seriously fun and deeply engaging
ways to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a
subscription service that delivers hands-on projects to kids of all
ages. We also have an online store and additional creative content.
We take great pride and ownership in the products and experiences
we design and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our
offices are located in Mountain View, CA. Role and Responsibilities
We're looking for a capable, compassionate go-getter to join our
Operations + Customer Care team. This is an exceptional opportunity
to join a high-growth start-up with an innovative business model
and an inspiring mission. You will get the opportunity to get
trained on the inner workings of a startup while delivering
delightful customer service to our members. The ideal candidate is
positive, motivated, dynamic, thoughtful, creative, enthusiastic
and entrepreneurial with excellent communication skills. This
position has growth potential for the right candidate. Specific
- Become an expert on KiwiCo's products and services and offer
advice and help customers choose the right product.
- Quickly and thoroughly solve problems for customers when
deliveries, transactions or experience don't go 100% as
- Respond to customers in a timely, friendly and professional and
empathetic manner over email, phone and chat.
- Support our customers across platforms (chat, social media,
email, etc) in an integrated and brand appropriate way for seamless
- In every interaction with customers: demonstrate an empathetic
understanding of the customer's question/problem, strive to
completely answer the inquiry with a minimum of back and forth
messages, and utilize a tone and voice that reflects the KiwiCo
brand. All written communications should be clear and well-written,
free of grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, etc.
- Provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs
to our product, digital, and marketing teams.
- Identify and contribute to solving priority issues that need
- Think through the lenses of customer experience and
systems-improvement to identify, suggest, and help implement
improvements in the way we deliver the experience of KiwiCo.
- Get up to speed on various order management processes and
back-end systems to identify and resolve issues in, and find ways
to improve our processes Required Qualifications
- Passionate about customers. You love developing relationships
with customers, delighting them with your positive attitude and
outstanding customer support skills.
- Good listening and communication skills. Exceptional
communication skills with customers and team members; friendly and
pleasant demeanor over email and phone.
- Hands-on, "get things done" mentality. You thrive in a fast
paced, small company environment, are comfortable with high volume
of support issues, and both think and type fast!--
- Detail-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and
thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the
- Resourceful. You see a project from idea stage through
successful completion - and whatever it takes to make it a success.
Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take
ownership, assess options and get something done.
- Technical. You are comfortable working with a variety of
systems and basic business tools like Google docs, Excel etc. as
well as, ideally, CRM and order management tools like Zendesk and
Magento. Fast and accurate typing skills a must.
- Analytical:--you have a mindset for understanding why problems
happen, and are able to identify issues and propose solutions
- Data-driven: You are able to formulate basic data in relation
to an issue and identify what data is important to understanding
- Good Process Orientation:-- You care about the 'how' as well as
the 'what' and can drive processes to achieve positive
- Experience. College degree preferred. 1+ years work experience
with at least a year in a company that delivers physical products,
ideally in a customer facing role. Understanding of basic order
fulfillment processes for physical products and experience with an
eCommerce company is a plus.--
- Communication skills: you must be comfortable typing and
writing in English and possess great grammar skills.-- Compensation
for this job is hourly, and it operates out either out of our
Mountain View office location, or our warehouse location in
Lathrop,CA. The position is currently remote during
shelter-in-place order but is expected to transition back on-site
in 2021. If you're passionate about delivering innovative,
delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we'd
love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and
cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what
you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team.
Diversity KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking
employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race,
ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military
status, or any other legally protected category.
Keywords: KiwiCo, Inc., Mountain View , Customer Care Representative, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!