Commercial Account Executive - Mountain View
Company: Confluent Inc
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Commercial Account Executive - Mountain View Dubbed an
"open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing
enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And
how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category
with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to
leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not
as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management,
Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors
Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series
E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our
product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all
industries, and we're being led by the best in the space-our
founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka--. We're
looking for talented and amazing team players who want to
accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their
careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology
platform! As a member of the Confluent Sales Team, the Commercial
Account Executive is responsible for selling Confluent solutions
into small and medium-sized enterprises. We expect you to use your
prospecting, sales, negotiation, and leadership skills to
effectively sell Confluent offerings into leading companies in
order to meet and exceed your quarterly sales target. You must
possess a "hunter/closer" mentality with a proven track record of
success within a value-driven sales model.-- Responsibilities:
- Works to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and
account penetration within an assigned territory. Territory may be
a combination of geographic, product, industry, and other
- Sells to the territory directly or via partners.
- Manages accounts throughout the entire sales process, and
collaborates with team members in business development, customer
success, and support to uncover all customer needs.
- Responsible for understanding product offerings and competitive
issues to develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of
- Travels to customer sites to identify/develop sales
opportunities when required.
- Participates in the development, presentation, and sales of a
- Onsite customer presentation with C-levels (as required) to
negotiate and close strategic and complex deals.
- Liaises with customer contacts for the purpose of managing the
customer relationship, identifying new opportunities, and
- Comfortable negotiating SaaS/cloud/software contracts. Skills:
- 5+ years experience growing pipeline and selling enterprise IT
- Consistent track record of success and history of quota
attainment in consultative sales environments.
- Knowledge of Open Source, Big Data, Cloud, Systems
Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or
Data warehouse concepts and products preferred.
- Adept at using Salesforce.com or other CRM tools to manage
accounts, contacts, and opportunities throughout the sales
- Outstanding communication skills - written and oral including
strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- High-integrity, intelligence, and self-driven.
- Highly developed selling, customer relations, and negotiation
- Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within
- Team player.
- Open to Travel to customer locations as needed.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred. Come As You Are At
Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are
committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a
variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The
more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our
impact. Click here to review our-- California Candidate Privacy
Notice , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its
group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal
information of California job applicants and prospective
Keywords: Confluent Inc, Mountain View , Commercial Account Executive - Mountain View, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!