Principal Business Data Analysis
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: November 21, 2020
OverviewIntuit QuickBooks is on a mission to transform financial
services for small businesses through its money movement platform.
To deliver on this initiative, we are expanding our Fraud Policy
team that focuses on building AI driven fraud controls to detect
and prevent fraud in the ecosystem as well as minimizing impact to
good customers. We are part of the Small Business and Self-Employed
Group (SBSEG), focused on preventing fraud across all fintech
products. We are seeking a Risk Policy lead that will work across
multiple functions like Risk Operations, Decision Science, Product,
Engineering, Finance & Compliance to design and drive fraud
mitigation risk strategies. If you have passion for fraud
mitigation and love solving real customer problems through
analytics and data science, we welcome you to join our talented
team.This role will focus on risk policy development for our
Payments, Payroll, QuickBooks Capital or other new Fintech
products. Responsibilities will focus on fraud detection and
prevention, but elements of credit risk management may also be
expected. The lead is responsible for driving fraud risk aspects of
business initiatives as well as respond to fraud-related events and
demands. Successful candidates for this role will leverage fraud
risk expertise, financial analytics and innovative risk strategies
to enable Intuit's SMB growth and expansion, achieve optimal
profitability, and enhance trust-related merchant and consumer
experience.What you'll bring
- Enhance current risk policy, via a deep understanding of our
merchant portfolio and related data as well as business practices
- Present policies to business audience and senior/executive
leaders in a compelling and data backed fashion
- Design, implement, and monitor experiments to explore new
methodologies and estimate key metrics for risk policy
effectiveness and efficiency
- Leverage Intuit ecosystem as well as test latest third party
data solutions to enhance existing fraud policies
- Effectively work with product and technology teams to build
risk solutions, partner with risk operations to operationalize
solutions. In addition, the candidate should bring a high level of
enthusiasm to the projects and the ability to organize and motivate
large groups. This includes taking initiative, ownership and
responsibility for projects.
- Ability to perform quantitative and business trade-off
decisions and create risk policies.
- Must be an organized analytical thinker, with the ability to
perform or direct a detailed, fully-considered analysis
- Must have good judgement with the ability to think creatively
and strategically.How you will lead
- Strong business acumen and exceptional analytical ability with
8+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Fintech (Small Business Payment, Payroll, or
Lending) is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact
with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies
and their relevance to Intuit's growing money service offerings
with the ability to negotiate, prioritize across teams, influence
decision makers and build consensus with teams.
- Have a track record of diving into data and drive data insights
for business needs both quantitatively and qualitatively.
Experience with statistical analysis tools such as Excel, SQL,
Python, R, Stata, or data visualization tools. Familiar with big
data technology such as HIVE, Hadoop, AWS and other related
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of risk policy such as
fraud detection, 3rd party fraud and credit bureau data, scorecard
modeling, pricing, loss forecasting, collections and fraud
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive
and available during times of peak fraud activity.
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability
to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Master's degree in Business, Statistics, Finance, Engineering
or a related field. MBA or graduate degree in a related field a
Keywords: Intuit, Mountain View , Principal Business Data Analysis, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!