Senior Staff SDET
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Industry leading brands who are defining the future of work, adopt
MobileIron to secure access to the enterprise, through the world's
most ubiquitous product-the mobile device. We've created a single
point of secure and frictionless access to the perimeter-less
enterprise -from any device, managed by MobileIron, someone else,
or not all.
Our mobile-centric, zero trust approach validates and verifies a
comprehensive set of signals and the correlation between the user,
device, applications, networks and potential threats before
granting secure access to the device. Our zero trust platform is
built on the foundation of our award-winning and industry-leading
unified endpoint management (UEM) capabilities with enabling
technologies of zero sign-on (ZSO) user and device authentication,
multi-factor authentication (MFA), and mobile threat detection
(MTD.) And we didn't stop there. We've gone beyond traditional UEM,
identity and gateway solutions, to bring together mobile, security
and the way people want to work-so you can free your people to be
productive without limits and passwords.
MobileIron. The center of enterprise security
Recognized by Gartner as a leader in eight UEM MQs and recently
noted by Forbes as one of the "Top 10 Cybersecurity Companies To
Watch In 2020".
The MobileIron R&D team is focused on solving complex,
technical challenges around Mobile Security, IoT and Cloud. Based
in Mountain View, we have a small, but growing R&D team of some
of the smartest engineers in the industry. We utilize an agile
development methodology, and hold QUALITY and TRUST as key tenets.
Quality Engineers at MobileIron are a keystone of the technology
teams with tremendous responsibilities and high visibility.
Quality Engineering at MobileIron is responsible for driving
on-time, high quality releases across various deployments. In
addition, this person will drive definition and evolution of QE
processes and automation to optimize efficiency and quality while
meeting the demands of rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have
strong quality engineering experience in SaaS and agile
As a Staff SDET at MobileIron, you are responsible for the
continuous delivery of application releases supporting mission
critical services used by the world's largest enterprises. You
leverage quality engineering practices to lead innovative
initiatives focused on customer experience, scalability, continuous
delivery and team development. You use agile methodologies to plan,
coordinate, and lead deployments of major product releases, weekly
patches, and daily changes in a SaaS environment.
You are a Multiplier, and constantly look for ways to make other
teams successful. You understand that the success and productivity
of all scrum teams you interact with is critical to enabling
continuous change. You combine customer empathy and your passion
for moving fast to deliver frequent, high quality releases that
benefit our customers and partners and motivate our engineers.
What you'll be doing---
- Apply and enhance MobileIron methodologies and evangelize
effective testing standards
- Optimize test cycle efficiency & add test automation into the
continuous delivery pipeline
- Develop innovative library architecture to enable efficient
test case automation.
- Develop test infrastructure components supports test execution,
monitoring & reporting.
- Work with functional teams to identify the requirements for
common libraries and put a plan in place to meet those
- Create, share and evangelize best automation practices, coding
standards, design principles.
- Mentor, guide junior engineers on automation & design
- Develop test scripts to automate the E2E workflows in an Agile
- Generate professional test results, metrics and status reports
(can be automated!)
- Analyze test results to ensure that the product functions per
- Exceptional debugging skills and ability to identify root cause
of a test failure
- Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test
- Contribute to our Test Plans with the inclusion of the System
Test areas such as Stress, Reliability, Recovery, Configuration,
and Performance testing
- Work closely with the rest of the QE team and provide technical
guidance to peer QE members as needed.
- Define and lead high-profile initiatives to improve product
quality, deployment scalability and customer experience before,
during and after change.
- Ensure on-time and effective delivery of high-quality,
enterprise SaaS releases.
- Continuously improve quality engineering processes.
- Play a leading role in managing release readiness and success
criteria based on business requirements.
- Capture and analyze quality metrics for release
- Implement best practices consistent with an agile development
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do
- Manage and provide oversight for deployment of releases into
- Manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Design/Enhance automation frameworks for Server / client
- Identify Improvements, Automation best practices and
communicate across cross functional teams.
- Can provide guidance to multiple teams, and lead cross product
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new
or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
Leads multiple-team initiatives, leads groups of
- Should be able to mentor up to Staff engineers, or onboard
Who you are...
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written
and verbal. Ability to drive a meeting
- Attention to detail, particular when it comes to
troubleshooting and analytics
- Ability to rapidly shift context between project oriented work
and work supporting other teams
- Ability to work off-hours, on occasion, to provide support for
- Have understanding of software development design
- Should be a subject matter expert for multiple technical areas,
Can be thrown into ugly situations and turn them around.
What have you done---
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Engineering
- Lead the project teams in agile project management
- 8+ years Quality Engineering Experience
- Experience in test automation [hands-on coding and design in
Java], test automation frameworks
- 6+ years of experience in test and automation of mobile
applications on Android and/or iOS
- Must be proficient in writing clean, maintainable code in
- Must have developed a test automation framework from
- Experience in Jenkins, Appium or UI Automation tools, scripting
- Prior working knowledge of networking server technologies and
protocols (HTTP, Proxy Servers, Load Balancers) is plus.
- Knowledge of revision control software (ex. Perforce, SVN, Git,
etc.) and development lifecycle is plus.
- Experience with the Agile Methodology and continuous
integration (i.e. nightly built and release) is a plus.
- Well versed in testing highly scalable enterprise client-server
software is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing testing tools and
- Experience in building and maintaining the device labs for
iOS/Android. (Mac/Windows optional)
- Understanding of build systems, source code control systems,
defect tracking systems and the interactions between them
- Experience with one or more database technologies (Postgres,
MySQL) a must.
- Java based SaaS application experience
- REST API Experience
- Testing tools like testrail and Jira
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Exposure to mobile operating systems specially iOS and
Android.(MDM, MAM and MCM is a plus)
- Experience setting and managing CI environment e.g. Jenkins
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals
with disability encouraged to apply.
Keywords: MobileIron, Mountain View , Senior Staff SDET, Other , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!