MTS1, Software Engineer
Company: eBay Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Who are we? Do you want to be part of the team that builds and
drives the world-class search experience for millions of eBay
users? If yes, the eBay Search Services team wants to talk to you.
We are a fun and energetic team of engineers responsible for and
passionate about building, enhancing and managing highly scalable,
reliable and performant Search Services. Our Services process over
2 billion search requests per day, that powers eBay Search and
other Experiences across desktop, mobile web and native stacks and
many other partner applications and experiences across eBay
eco-system. The Search Services team is revolutionizing the buying
experience on eBay. Our goal is to "Create an engaging experience
for users by serving contextual content", and we're on our way. We
are growing at a rapid pace and committed to building an all-star
team. We are a team where people who take risks and win are
rewarded and grow. Our team is ambitious and passionate. We get
things done that make a difference. What will you do?
- Develop and improve search experience incorporating software
engineering best practices to enhance eBay's buying
- Conceive, design and implement innovative systems and solutions
to address complex business and technology problems. The solutions
must be secure, resilient and performant.
- Technical lead for new and existing product initiatives, assist
with definition of product direction
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the
user experience for eBay search.
- Build and support complex web services and experience services
- Create delightful experiences for customers by developing next
gen search that is fast, scalable, secure and easy to use.
- Provide Internal and External training and education which
includes participation in external forums (developer conferences,
tech conferences) as speakers.
- Mentor junior peers in technical design -
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or
- 5+ years of software design and development experience, solid
foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data
structures, algorithms, OOPs, and Software Design
- Excellent knowledge in practicing scalable distributed systems,
SOLID Principles, design patterns, and software engineering
- Proven experience in building large scale Web Services and
Backend Applications using Java/J2EE, RESTful Web Services, HTTP
and JSON technologies
- Customer centric thinking - can be a bridge between product and
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously lead multiple
tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment
with short turnaround times.
- Strong focus on quality and knowledge of continuous integration
- Great teammate - work well independently and in a multi-group
- Experience in streaming technologies such as Kafka or Storm is
a plus. eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. - All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally
protected status. - If you are unable to submit an application
because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability,
please contact us at -email@example.com. - We will make every effort
to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as
possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States
(Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: - EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the
experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our -use
Keywords: eBay Inc., Mountain View , MTS1, Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Capitola, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!