Triage Software Engineer, FlashArray
Company: Pure Storage
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: August 1, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID
vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries
rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the
most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by
partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision is to redefine the
storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people
consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50%
of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched the surface of our
Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that
change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE---
From redesigning our customers' experience with our Modern Data
platforms and services, to evolving our own internal tools and ways
of working, we are taking deliberate steps to invest and innovate
in critical areas to delight our customers and outdistance our
competitors. Pure Storage is looking for Software Engineers who can
help drive this digital transformation and set Pure up for
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead/participate in the design and development of
infrastructure, tools & automation for our automated testing
- Build debug tools and analyze test failures across a
multi-machine hardware/software stack within a continuous
integration automation framework
- Understand release and testing schedules and priorities
- First level triage and dispatch
- Drive the schedule of the mergepool which is our integration
- Embrace and jump in to understand the issues and drive them to
- Get enough coverage to land the hash to main/release it.
Entails test coverage and hardware availability.
- Follow up with bugs and get them into the branch asap.
- Ensure no test remains disabled for a long period of time.
- Come up with a priority list of jiras every mergepool that you
need resolved before closing the mergepool and if any jiras are
unresolved during a time of a mergefest ensure they have an
accurate fingerprint that can be shared between branches
- Follow up on the backlog of mergepool tickets and close the
one's that are no longer relevant.
What You Bring To The Team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree
- 2+ years of hands on test automation/triage/testing experience
with ability and desire to learn new technology
- In-depth knowledge of end to end enterprise systems &
- Good understanding of Linux environments.
- Understand the CI/CD pipeline
- In depth knowledge and usage of Python.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of modern, end-to-end quality best practices, Test
Driven Development, Data Driven Engineering, and similar
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best
self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy
balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they
need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after
meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe
you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information
you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice .
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not
currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are
unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal
regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health
and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the
community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and
contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you
require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must
initiate Pure's exemption request process which will determine if
an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local,
state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Mountain View , Triage Software Engineer, FlashArray, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!