Software Engineer, Vehicle Localization
Company: GSE Solutions
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: August 1, 2022
GSE Workforce Solutions, is currently working with a major
client who are looking for a Software Engineer, Vehicle
Localization, to join them in helping to develop world-class sensor
systems for autonomous trucking. They are located in Mountain View,
CA. It can be REMOTE or HYBRID!
Our client specializes in developing innovative autonomous
technology including advanced technology stack purpose-built
specifically for long-haul trucks. This includes sensor fusion
systems for their unique lightweight mapping solution that allows
their trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones.
They first published their Safety Report in 2019 and have based our
development on systems engineering, the ISO26262 process and SOTIF
Salary: $175-$200K, negotiable. In Mountain View, CA - relocation
We are looking for a localization engineer --- a problem solver
with solid expertise in state estimation, inertial navigation, and
- Develop and integrate onboard navigation and pose estimation
- Optimize sensor fusion and pose estimation using IMU, camera,
and lidar sensors.
- Develop visual and lidar odometry algorithms.
- Develop navigation metrics for evaluating algorithms
specifically for the autonomous trucking domain.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, innovate, create, and
- Evaluate sensor performance and optimize sensor selection.
- Verify correct sensor calibrations, settings, and uncertainty
- Strong technical background. BS, MS, or PhD with academic or
industry experience in building navigation, localization, and
- Skilled in C++ and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong software engineering skills and experience building high
reliability deployed applications. You write well-designed, highly
maintainable code. Code is your craft.
- Experience with IMUs, and wrangling IMU data, especially in the
- Experience with computer vision, visual odometry, and/or
odometry from point clouds
- Solid understanding of metrics, data analysis, and scientific
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to
deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance
of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast
and smart, and you are comfortable in defining and building lasting
infrastructure components from scratch.
- Hands-on. Curious. Flexible. Interested in new domains to
expand your horizons and provide a complete system wide
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise
design documentation to gather feedback from across the team to
find the best solution.
What they offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve
- A fast-paced environment where we work with talented, committed
and supportive teammates
- Equity and competitive pay; every employee is a stakeholder in
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View
- Pet friendly office!
- Free catered lunch
Keywords: GSE Solutions, Mountain View , Software Engineer, Vehicle Localization, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!