Company: Quantitative Systems
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: July 31, 2022
We are in partnership with a client who is exploring the next
frontier both figuratively and literally, they are also breaking
barriers and creating unforgettable moments in history. Your
technical expertise and skill set as a C/C++ Embedded Software
Engineer in the field of Developing distributed systems, C/C++, and
Python will contribute to our clients' efforts and forever impact
future explorations.Job Description:
- We seek an experienced software developer to join our team to
build and integrate autonomy software to operate onboard Gateway. -
This software will build plans, detect and manage faults, and
operate Gateway while the astronauts are not present, and to help
reduce their workload. -
- You will be working with a multidisciplinary team of software
developers, user interface designers and spacecraft design and
operations teams. If you love space, that's even better.
- Role is based at Ames Research Center; but may require
occasional travel to support users at other client centers around
the United States.Responsibilities:
- Work within a client team to design and build autonomy
- Design, develop, and support portions of the flight
- Set software goals and track progress
- Evaluate and mitigate development risks
- Provide on-going status to the team, management, and
stakeholdersRequired Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years, or master's degree with 1 year
of significant and domain relevant programming experience.
- Fluency with C/C++, Python, Python3.
- Demonstrated software skills developing embedded applications.
- Should be able to show prior work or side projects.
- Proven experience designing and developing testable software,
unit and integration test harnesses, and test strategies.
- Experience with Linux, Cmake, POSIX OS.
- Experience developing distributed systems - application
servers, middleware, web servers, and databases.Desirable
Experience & Skills:
- VxWorks and other RTOS's
- Spacecraft mission operations, and the processes and
- Experience with core Flight System (cFS) and Core Flight
Executive (CFE) or spacecraft flight software.
Keywords: Quantitative Systems, Mountain View , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!