Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Company: Swarm Technologies
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Swarmis enabling global connectivity with the worlds most
affordable satellite network. Backed by the founders of Paypal,
Boingo, Earthlink, Yammer, and more, Swarm is making IoT
connectivity accessible everywhere on Earth, at all times. With 120
satellites already in orbit, Swarm provides connectivity to
customers across agriculture, maritime, logistics, global
development, energy, etc. From creating more efficient global
supply chains and reducing crop spoilage, to tracking endangered
species and monitoring water access in Africa, the number of use
cases that the Swarm network supports is almost unlimited.
Swarm developed the worlds smallest communication satellite, and
will have 150 in orbit by the end of 2021. Our team ambitiously
handles everything in-house, from hardware and software, to design,
testing, regulatory, marketing, sales, and more. This allows us to
move quickly, be agile to changes in demand, and constantly improve
We are a small, scrappy team that moves quickly and takes
calculated, data-driven risks. We are collaborative and support one
another everyday. Were looking for team members who are eager to
wear many hats, want to have a major impact within a company, and
are ready to jump into a high-growth, high-velocity startup
Swarm is looking to hire a senior full stack software engineer to
join our cloud services team. You will work primarily on the Swarm
Hive, our customer-facing dashboard that allows customers to see
and manage their data that has been transmitted via the Swarm
We are open to a variety of experience levels, and will adjust the
seniority of the role and scope of responsibilities
- Implement and scale a simple, elegant network-as-a-service
- Implement industry best practices in an evolving codebase.
- Design, architect, and build scalable user-facing
- Build enterprise web applications with thoughtful and clean
- Design effective APIs for internal and external use.
- Introduce and implement industry best practices, including code
style, build, test, and deployment.
- Help translate customer requirements into an engineering
- Build, ship, and maintain core software features.
- Responsible for significant aspects of system design and design
- Solve problems related to security, networking, algorithms, and
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 2 years experience in software engineering. We are
also open to more senior candidates, and will adjust the seniority
of the role and scope of responsibilities accordingly.
- Significant professional experience working in Java, SQL,
React, and Typescript.
- Experience building and maintaining scalable software
- Proven track record writing clean, modular code that is highly
performant and well-tested.
- Experience working at a startup strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with UI/UX design preferred.
Our stack (you dont need to be an expert in all of these, but this
is what we use)
- Java (Spring Boot) and Go microservices deployed in
What you'll get with Swarm
- The opportunity to create and deploy truly world-changing
technology with a significant impact.
- Constant learning from your colleagues and our amazing array of
- True impact, autonomy, and ownership over your work, including
cross-functional collaboration and working closely with our
- Rapid career growth and development opportunities within a
high-growth startup environment.
- Competitive compensation with equity in a high-growth company
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates
must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e.,
current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a
refugee or granted asylum.
Swarm is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status.by Jobble
Keywords: Swarm Technologies, Mountain View , Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!