Software Engineer, Vehicle Localization
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous
technology that carries freight forward-so people, partners, and
the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly
different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak's experienced team
has developed the industry's most advanced technology stack
purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor
fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality,
to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks
to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our
world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of
autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and
We are looking for a localization engineer --- a problem solver
with solid expertise in state estimation, inertial navigation, and
In this role, you will:
- Develop and integrate onboard navigation and pose estimation
- Optimize sensor fusion and pose estimation using IMU, camera,
and lidar sensors.
- Develop visual and lidar odometry algorithms.
- Develop navigation metrics for evaluating algorithms
specifically for the autonomous trucking domain.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, innovate, create, and
- Evaluate sensor performance and optimize sensor
- Verify correct sensor calibrations, settings, and uncertainty
- Strong technical background. BS, MS or PhD with academic or
industry experience in building navigation, localization, and
- Skilled in C++ and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong software engineering skills and experience building
high-reliability deployed applications . You write well-designed,
highly maintainable code. Code is your craft.
- Experience with IMUs, and wrangling IMU data, especially in the
- Experience with computer vision, visual odometry, and/or
odometry from point clouds
- Solid understanding of metrics, data analysis, and scientific
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to
deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance
of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast
and smart, and you are comfortable in defining and building lasting
infrastructure components from scratch.
- Hands on. Curious. Flexible. Interested in new domains to
expand your horizons and provide a complete system wide
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise
design documentation to gather feedback from across the team to
find the best solution.
What we can offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed
and supportive teammates
- Equity and competitive pay; every employee is a stakeholder in
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
- Free catered lunch
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards
our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment
where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is
committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race,
ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
Keywords: Kodiak, Mountain View , Software Engineer, Vehicle Localization, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!