Infrastructure Software Engineer
Company: Kodiak Robotics
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Kodiak Robotics is not just a software company, we are
developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team
is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology
companies in the space. We are looking for an infrastructure
engineer to join us and take a key role in designing and
implementing our core software infrastructure. In this role, you
- Be responsible for onboard and offboard software infrastructure
related to our autonomy operating system, including logging,
playback, monitoring, simulation, data storage, kernel and driver
optimization, and data infrastructure.
- Design and implement highly available, low latency onboard and
offboard systems and tooling, leading to a robust, hardened
autonomous vehicle and a high-efficiency software development
experience for your peers.
- Be responsible for designing and writing loosely coupled,
modern C++. Write high quality software in a variety of offboard
languages (Python, etc.).
- Leverage the C++ type system to create safe & high performance
- Minimize coupling across the codebase with well thought out
- Work closely with the producers and consumers of code and data
throughout the software team. Qualifications:
- Strong technical background. BS, MS, or equivalent experience,
in Computer Science or similar with 2+ years of experience building
software infrastructure in an environment with significant scale
and performance. You are comfortable across the stack from embedded
device output all the way to distributed data storage
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have
previously played the lead role on several projects. You take
ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have
experienced product development in all of its stages and are
comfortable in the earlier stages - moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are on deck when the team is blocked doing
everything you can to get the team moving again.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise,
and detailed documentation.
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed
and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office! At Kodiak,
we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common
company goals in a safe and--collaborative environment where
harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed
to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity,
religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or
veteran status,--or any other basis protected by applicable
Keywords: Kodiak Robotics, Mountain View , Infrastructure Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!