Technical Support Engineer - FlashBlade
Company: Pure Storage
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered
innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight
years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every
enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues
to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables
everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret
sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world
who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation
technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum
computing, and self-driving cars-all of which require unprecedented
amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure's technology to grow
exponentially in the coming years.
We've Only Scratched The Surface Of Our Ambitions , And As We
Continue To Gobble Up Market Share, We're Blazing Trails And
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure--a leader in
the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays--and in 2019, Gartner
named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia--Net Promoter Score,
certified by Owen CX,--in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a--premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue
into R&D.If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting
challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities
where you can make your mark.
What You Will Be DoingPure Storage has Support centers in Mountain
View, CA, Lehi, UT, and Dublin, Ireland. We are looking for a
senior Technical Support Engineer to join our 24x7 Support team.
You will be part of the best Support team in the industry. Our
culture focuses on 5 key values - Persistence, Creativity,
Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will work on problems
of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware, software,
and environmental factors with in our Flash Blade product. Our
Support Engineers utilize their deep technical expertise to
troubleshoot customer issues and resolve them. Successful Support
Engineers will be able to build strong networks across different
departments in the company.
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations.
- Answer and resolve support cases across all severity
- Own and track customer issues using our ticket tracking
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is
concise and professional.
- Shares, and documents knowledge via FAQ / KB articles, which
can be internal or customer facing.
- Develops junior support engineers through training, and
- Manage multiple projects/support cases simultaneously.
- Champion customer issues internally, and represent the company
- Leads large multi participant customer calls, including hot
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work,
general instructions on new assignments
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required.
What You Bring to the Team
- Experience in customer-facing, technical support role.
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
Commvault, Veeam or Cohesity
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and escalations
utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software
- Ability to triage issues, and escalate them to appropriate
engineering groups as necessary
- Advanced to expert knowledge of technologies such as operating
systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage
- Advanced knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Networking,
Replication, Performance and Space issues.
- Demonstration of subject matter expertise in one or more of the
following: NFS, S3, SMB, LDAP, IPv6.
- Willing to work first shift: Mon - Fri from 6:00 AM - 3:00
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (IT, Computer Science,
etc.) or relevant experience.
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.Pure is where you ask big
questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just
a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your
career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and
with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into
different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.And because w e understand the value of
bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of
perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off,
wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.--PURE IS
COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic
legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are
being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an
accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.If you're
wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide,
we invite you to check out our--Applicant & Candidate Personal
Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.Some positions may require a deemed
export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license
applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring
Keywords: Pure Storage, Mountain View , Technical Support Engineer - FlashBlade, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!