Back-end Developer for NASA California
Company: MORI Associates
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Take your career to new heights. Come join us at MORI Associates
and help us support the most exciting projects at NASA.
MORI Associates is looking for an outstanding Back-end Web
Developer to support NASA's Volatiles Investigating Polar
Exploration Rover, or VIPER, mission. VIPER represents the first
resource mapping mission on the surface of another celestial body.
The mobile robot will go to the South Pole of the Moon to get a
close-up view of the location and concentration of water ice that
could eventually be harvested to sustain human exploration on the
Moon, Mars - and beyond.
The Back-end Web Developer will be responsible for supporting the
conceptualizing, development, designing, building, testing,
scaling, and expanding of an interactive web application interface
for browsing near real-time imagery and data from the mission. The
web app will use NASA's Open Mission Control Technologies (Open
MCT) framework. Through the web app, the public will follow along
in mission operations at the Moon's South Pole as the rover
navigates the terrain in search of water ice.
- Experience designing high-volume web services for hundreds of
thousands to millions of simultaneous users.
- Experience with high-performance time series or key-value
databases (e.g., InfluxDB, Redis).
- Experience with real-time data streaming (e.g., sockets,
Protocol Buffers, message brokers such as ActiveMQ).
- Experience building client-side web applications using ES6
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code. Ability to
manage code libraries and use version control (e.g., Git) for
consistent management of work.
- Strong writing skills for creating technical documentation and
strong ability to communicate effectively in-person, through chat,
video conferencing, and e-mail.
- API and web services experience.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen for Security badging
- Experience with the Vue JS framework.
- Experience with streaming real-time data to web browsers (e.g.,
via Websockets, chunked HTTP responses, server sent
- Understanding of what it takes to produce a great user
experience (UX/UI) with a natural talent for design (layout,
spacing, typography, and color).
- Data visualization, graphic design or web mapping
- Strong testing skills and continuous integration
- Experience with mobile development.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or related
technical field and a minimum of three years of progressive
professional experience designing and developing web sites and
interfacing with web services.
Mori Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, national
origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability,
sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: MORI Associates, Mountain View , Back-end Developer for NASA California, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!