Technical Principle Consultant: AI/ML Defense Innovation Unit - 35610
Company: Alion Science and Technology
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Technical Principle Consultant: AI/ML Defense Innovation Unit -
35610 in Mountain View, CA at Alion Science and Technology Alion
Science and Technology is seeking a Technical Principle Consultant
to provide technical expertise and programmatic support relevant to
defense, intelligence, and government applications of Artificial
Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) technologies. This position
supports the Defense Innovation Unit. Extensive engineering program
or program management expertise is required. Subject matter
expertise in expertise in engineering or computer science is
required. This position will collaborate with DoD/Government
partners and commercial AI/ML vendors and is based in Mountain
View, CA with expected travel of 10%. Job Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise in the implementation and engineering support
of machine learning systems to include solving relevant technical
and programmatic problems and assessing the technical feasibility
of commercial solutions.
- Work with DoD/Government partners to identify and document
problem statements (that can be solved by commercial AI/ML
- Review and recommend prototype proposals from commercial
- Work closely with government partners and commercial vendors as
a program manager throughout the prototype development lifecycle
(Drive milestone reviews, testing, and simulations).
- Coordinate, collaborate, and drive buy-in with senior
government officials, executive leadership, and other high-ranking
- Prepare program updates, white papers, technical papers,
briefs, and meeting materials.
- Respond to official requests for information and other tasks
from government partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in key intra- and inter-agency meetings.
- Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Master's degree in an engineering/scientific field or Masters
in Business Administration (MBA).
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience with at least 5
years of experience in engineering or program management role.
- US Citizenship and a current Secret clearance wit eligibility
to achieve Top Secret (TS) clearance after hire.
- Ability to deliver multi-discipline, multi-stakeholder projects
that demonstrably improve operational capabilities (measured by
increase in accuracy, decrease in cost, decrease in time).
- Ability to communicate to a broad range of audiences (CEOs,
investors, commercial vendors, media, etc) to gain acceptance of
vision, guidance and policy. Desired Qualifications:
- 20 years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years of
experience in engineering, program or product management role.
- +1--years of experience as subject matter expert in AI/ML.
- +1--years of experience in either Management Consulting or
- Experience working on DoD/IC data science programs at a senior
leader or management level.
- Ability to communicate to government/military audiences
(Congress, commercial DoD vendors, military officials, media, etc)
to gain acceptance of vision, guidance and policy. Join the Alion
Talent Network today and stay up-to-date on our openings as they
continue to become available! As a member of our network, you will
receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
and have the ability to share job opportunities through social
media or email. Join now! Whether you choose to apply or just leave
your information, we look forward to staying connected with
Keywords: Alion Science and Technology, Mountain View , Technical Principle Consultant: AI/ML Defense Innovation Unit - 35610, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!