Software Engineer / Java - ETL
Company: Infinity Consulting Solutions
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Job Description - Software Engineer / Java - ETLSoftware
Engineer II 6+ Month Contract Mountain View, CA Remote to
- Designs and develops software applications.
- Performs coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting
throughout the application development process.
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical
specifications, and project & test planning.
- Helps to align to overall strategies and reconcile competing
priorities across the organization.
- Designing/developing ETL jobs across multiple big data
platforms and tools including S3, EMR, Hive, Vertica
- Roughly 70-80% hands-on coding.
- Designing/developing schema definitions
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production,
production, and post-release patches.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: Product Management,
Project Management, Data Architects, Data Scientists, Data
Analysts, Software Engineers, and other Data Engineers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of projects across
the data landscape.
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme
Programming methodologies. Required Skills :
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years' experience developing DB schemas, creating ETLs, and
familiar with Hadoop/MPP systems.
- Strong experience in one of the Columnar and MPP database
(Vertica, Teradata, Netezza, etc.) is a must-have
- Advanced experience in writing complex SQL, ETL batch
processes, SQL tuning is a must have
- Advanced experience with scripting language Python or Shell is
a must have
- Skilled in developing Software for Java (Spring & Springboot),
Scala for spark streaming & spark applications, or other JVM based
- Experience with Amazon web services: EC2, S3, and EMR (Elastic
Map Reduce) or equivalent cloud computing approaches.
- Strong expertise in Data Warehousing and analytic
- Experience working with large data volumes
- The ability to get code in to production Education: BS or MS in
Computer Science or related field - provided by Dice
Keywords: Infinity Consulting Solutions, Mountain View , Software Engineer / Java - ETL, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!