Simulation Software Engineer
Company: Kodiak Robotics
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for
long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from
the leading technology companies in the space.-- We are looking for
a software engineer to join us to help design, architect,
implement, and maintain our simulation capabilities. In this role,
- Own the integration between our self-driving stack and
simulation platform by writing and maintaining code, developing new
features, and coordinating with the entire engineering team.
- Develop an understanding of all components in our self-driving
stack, working with the team to determine the best way to simulate
and evaluate each component.
- Write code to integrate our self-driving stack with our
- Develop new features to improve the fidelity of our simulation
- Design and implement novel evaluation metrics for measuring the
performance of our self-driving stack.
- Coordinate with our external partners to drive new features,
and integrate them with our internal workflows. Qualifications:
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent
experience, in computer science or related field, coupled together
with hands-on practical software development experience.--
- Desire to learn about all aspects of autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with complex software built with many moving parts
- Knowledge of modern C++.
- High standards for software quality and rigor, and a
- Good communication skills, proven ability to be hands-on and
iterate quickly. Nice to have:
- Practical experience in one or more fields of robotics:
perception, planning, localization, modeling, control, etc.
- Experience with software testing, continuous integration and
deployment, and cloud technologies. What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed
and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office! At Kodiak,
we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common
company goals in a safe and--collaborative environment where
harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed
to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity,
religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or
veteran status,--or any other basis protected by applicable
Keywords: Kodiak Robotics, Mountain View , Simulation Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!